Mailwizz customer campaign sent from his email address

Fero Gachulinec

My mailwizz customer sent his campaign via his email address (he verified his domain regarding DKIM and SPF) and mailwizz system SMTP server. But his client received this email from system email address. Could somebody advice me what I should set so that his clients receive campaign emails from his email address?
Thanks

Yes, I tried to set it to never and also when no valid signing domain. If I set always in admin-backend/delivery server a campaign email of my customer is marked as sent and this email is really received by his client with sent from the system SMTP server and sent from the system email address. If I set never or when no valid signing domain a campaign email of my customer is marked as sent but this email is NOT received by his client! Do I do something wrong? Is it needed to set also a delivery server in the customer zone (my customers cannot set it in their customer zones)? Then but how my customer can send for example 10 000 emails/hour when he is limited by his smtp server? For example my webhosting allows to send emails every 2 seconds, thus 1800 emails/hourly. I know my friend, twisted1919, you are very busy. But I would need only 2 things - import csv with conversion from non utf8 to utf8 and this issue to be solved.

If I set never or when no valid signing domain a campaign email of my customer is marked as sent but this email is NOT received by his client! Do I do something wrong
This means the smtp server does not allow you to spoof the FROM email address, so there's not much you can do.
Then but how my customer can send for example 10 000 emails/hour when he is limited by his smtp server?
If you send via external services, like sparkpost, sendgrid, etc, then these limits don't apply.

Is it needed to set also a delivery server in the customer zone (my customers cannot set it in their customer zones)?
They can, you have to allow them to do it from the settings at backend > settings > customers > servers.

For example my webhosting allows to send emails every 2 seconds, thus 1800 emails/hourly.
Again, this does not apply if you are using external services.

mport csv with conversion from non utf8 to utf8
Looking into this :)

Thanks my friend, it means if i would install postfix with ip rotation and spf + dkim on my dedicated server then my customers could send emails from this postfix smtp server (or from amazon ses, mandrill, ...). It also means my current test smtp server (it is not mine, it is from Name Cheap, USA) allows to send emails only from email addresses which are registered by Name Cheap. Do i understand it well?

i would install postfix with ip rotation and spf + dkim on my dedicated server then my customers could send emails from this postfix smtp server
This is correct.

It also means my current test smtp server (it is not mine, it is from Name Cheap, USA) allows to send emails only from email addresses which are registered by Name Cheap
I am not sure what you mean here but more than sure this server has lots of restrictions in the way it allows emails go out.

Thanks my friend, I will try to install powermta on my linux server. Perhaps I will solve also the import of special chars because I will have much faster import procedure with performance 100K contacts for 30 seconds.

Yes, I tried to set it to never and also when no valid signing domain. If I set always in admin-backend/delivery server a campaign email of my customer is marked as sent and this email is really received by his client with sent from the system SMTP server and sent from the system email address. If I set never or when no valid signing domain a campaign email of my customer is marked as sent but this email is NOT received by his client!
In my testing, I'm facing same problem with third party services like elasticemail, sparkpost and another ones. In both of them I have verified my domain.

I have set a delivery server to "never" or when "no valid signing domain". I created a customer. Logging from the customer account, I create a campaign and I sent with his own "from email". Campaign was marked as sent, but customer client never receive emails. I see in elasticemail report that status emails are "ReadyToSend" (so far, as 2 hours are marked like that) and of course emails are not received by customer clients.

When I set delivery server, option "Force From" with "Always", emails are received by customer clients, but "From email" is the email address is set in Delivery server of third party delivery.

@twisted1919 Is it needed any special setting for this?

Thanks in advanced.

Dear @twisted1919 ,

Happy to be here and using Maiwizz. It's super.

I'm new here and I need help to know how a customer can send through our MW server using his From Domain.

I know 2 things:
1.- That I have to swith in "Delivery Servers" menu, "Force FROM" when no valid signin domain.
2.- Add my customer Domain.....here comes my problems:

When I save, MaiWizz give me the following:
customerdomain.com IN TXT "v=spf1 mx a ptr a:localhost a:1.1.1.1 a: 2.2.2.2 a:3.3.3.3 a:www.my-domain.com ip4:4.4.4.4 ~all"

But I modified and I add the following to the customer CPanel:
"v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:1.1.1.1 +ip4:2.2.2.2 +ip2.2.2.2 +ip4:3.3.3.3 +ip4:4.4.4.4 +ip4:5.5.5.5 +ip4:6.6.6.6 +ip4:7.7.7.7 a mx ?all"
(Where 7.7.7.7 is my customer IP domain, and the others (that are much more) my servers IP.

Mail-Tester.Com gave me spf errors (4/10)
(localhost format, no valid IP's, ....).
Allways give me 10/10 with my domains.

Now I have 3 delivery servers (each one with 5 IP's) with PowerMTA and 1 server for MailWizz.

My questions are:

A) If I missed something.
B) About the correct format to add the above SPF records in the customer domain, considering that he have a spf record yet like:
customerdomain.com. >> "v=spf1 ip4:XXX.XX.XXX.XXX a mx ?all" .
C) What to do with bounces? because now arrives to the FROM address.

Appreciatte your help.

Regards.

Hi I have the same issue,
the force from do not recognize when the user have the dkim verified.
send always from system email address and not from email of client.
We can't set the server on Never because otherwsie also clients not verified will be send email by their email address

Dear @twisted1919

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I also added Dkim and I managed to send it with the client's email from address, and got a -2.0 spam score.
Something is missing to improve it, because when I use my delivery email addresses (with my servers domains), I get a -4.9 spam score.
(Below I show you the spam-score details)

Otherwise, bounces are working well on Mailwizz when I use an email address from the same server domain that I use to deliver (check box) to send, but NOT with my client address.
(To the margin: I do not know what will happen when I activate all the servers for send, because until now, the tests have been done only with 1 server per test, and not with all simultaneously)

The question is:
the bounce processor (from GitHub) will serve me for this?? that bounces arrives at Mailwizz and not to my client
From address?.....correct or not?

Returning to the spam-score

1) These are "my client" spam headers for the test I do:
..................................................................................................................................
Content analysis details: (-2.0 points, 5.0 required)

Pts rule name description
---------------------- ------------------------ --------------------------
0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.
See
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
For more information.
[URIs: domain.com]
-0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
-1.9 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%
[Score: 0.0000]
0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily valid
-0.1 DKIM_VALID_AU DKIM or DK signature from author's
domain
-0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK signature
..............................................................................................................................................

2) And these are the ones I get with the From addresses of my servers domains:
...........................................................................................................................
Content analysis details: (-4.9 points, 5.0 required)

Pts rule name description
---------------------- ------------------------ --------------------------
0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.
See
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
For more information.
[URIs: domain.com]
-0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
-2.9 RP_MATCHES_RCVD Envelope sender domain matches handover relay domain
-1.9 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%
[Score: 0.0000]
0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily valid
-0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK signature
-0.1 DKIM_VALID_AU DKIM or DK signature from author's
domain
................................................................................................................................................
The only difference is:
-2.9 RP_MATCHES_RCVD Envelope sender domain matches handover relay domain

Any ideas to get this with my client emails?
Or what is missing for this to happen?

Thank you and regards.

@Niko , I don't see any problems with my smtp relay, because when I send using an email address of the smtp relay domain, Mail-Tester have 10/10. The problem is when I send with the customer email address domain (FROM).

Probably instead of:
"v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:1.1.1.1 +ip4:2.2.2.2 +ip2.2.2.2 +ip4:3.3.3.3 +ip4:4.4.4.4 +ip4:5.5.5.5 +ip4:6.6.6.6 +ip4:7.7.7.7 a mx ?all"
I have to add my smpt relay domain in the customer spf records, like:
include:mydomain.com or
a:mydomain.com

@twisted1919 , I used the www.spfwizard.net/ tool but it's complicated for me.
Can you help me with this issue?

In the following case, how do I solve the problem with DKIM and SPF?

What happens is that I have 3 smtp servers and 1 server where MailWizz is located, each one with a completely different domain name. The smtp servers are already authenticated (delivery and bounce servers) and I'm using the same smtp for output and for bounces, with different email addresses but same domain.
I don't know if it should always be like this ... comments please !

Now, if I use only the server 1 as smtp using the From email address domain of smtp 1, all it's ok....(a pretty -4,8 spam-score)
But if I use the smtp 2 to deliver, with the From address of the smtp 1 domain, the spam score increases.

@twisted1919 , please I need to know how to solve this, because I will need to use all the servers in parallel to send 1 newsletter and I must be clear the FROM addresses that I can use.

Back