MailWizz can't remember which link was at the moment of sending campaign

Mayakovskii

Hello, we have some issues with the links from custom fields in our campaigns. Hope for your help here

We send data through API into our list twice a day. So custom fields [Tags] include simple text and links as well
When the campaign send everything is OK. The letters include correct links from the custom fields.

When we have the next update of data in this list and the next campaign send, we see actual links in the last letter BUT wrong in the previous letters.
(*links from the previous letter = links in the last)

Should I draw a conclusion that MailWizz can't remember which link was at the moment of sending and the system gets links in real-time from the list?

When I can try to check older letters, I see that everything is OK and links absolutely relevant.

Will be grateful for any aid with this puzzling situation. Feel free to ask if I've described not so clear

we see actual links in the last letter BUT wrong in the previous letters.
I assume you're looking in the web version, right? That's totally understandable, in that case we take the current values from the list.
However, in the email itself, which is what matters, the information is the same that was in the list at the moment of sending.

So there's nothing wrong or to be worried about. We do not store the actual html that is sent to subscribers via email to then show it in the web version, that would make your database huge.

I assume you're looking in the web version, right? That's totally understandable, in that case we take the current values from the list.
However, in the email itself, which is what matters, the information is the same that was in the list at the moment of sending.

So there's nothing wrong or to be worried about. We do not store the actual html that is sent to subscribers via email to then show it in the web version, that would make your database huge.
Oh, I've checked letters in my web browser
There should be a solution. How can we update data in our lists daily and be sure all of our recipients have actual links in their inboxes?

You said, "... the information is the same that was in the list at the moment of sending."
Maybe you mean redirect to the data to the same Custom Field? Yes, but this way the information is not the same in the letters ALL THE TIME. It changes after updating the list compared to what it was at the time of sending.

Last edited:
. It changes after updating the list compared to what it was at the time of sending.
That's correct and expected and it's not going to change.
We will not start storing the web version, this would increase the database size a lot, so it's a no go for us. The subscriber will receive the correct email content and the email content in the subscriber inbox will always stay the same. The web version is what changes if you update custom fields and you can either stop updating fields if they affect you, or use different tags when you need to send different links.

Hello, returning to our problem

I want to ask about an opportunity to get statistics into Mailwizz from our SMTP.
For example, the tracking links from Sendgrid works another way and we don't have any problems with custom data.

Can we send metrics from Sendgrid to MailWizz somehow? Via webhook perhaps
I will be glad any idea

Back