Mailwizz 1.3.8.5

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

This is quick cumulative release to address a few security issues with swiftmailer and phpmailer.
Even though mailwizz should not be affected by the above issues, we release it just to be sure we stay on the safe side.

This is the changelog for whom is interested:

Code:
--- -------------------------------------------
--- Version 1.3.8.5 - 2017-01-09
[ADD] - Ability to bulk export basic stats for campaigns

--- Version 1.3.8.4 - 2017-01-05
[BUG] - Make sure the user group reflection feature only loads php files
[BUG] - Make sure we copy the customer group servers too when we copy a group
[SEC] - Updated SwiftMailer and PHPMailer in response to CVE-2016-10033
[UPD] - Updated CKeditor
[UPD] - Updated ElFinder

You can download it from your mailwizz customers area.

As always, don't forget to backup your data before upgrading.
If you get any issue, please let me know,
Thanks.

@frm.mwz - 1.3.8.6 from codecanyon just contains some typos fix, nothing really that is different from 1.3.8.5, so best is to wait next release.

Hi,
Just upgraded to 1.3.8.5. Lovely new look and feel.
Got 2 strange problems since the upgrade!;
1. No mail will send from my customer account (which is same as the admin/user credentials). Whether this is a campaign or a send test template. The system (log) says its sent but nothing is received - have tried 50 odd times in different ways. I can log in to a customer account and send from there and all fine and other customer accounts are sending campaigns successfully! Weird.
2. I am now getting all the "Mail Delivery System: Message Failed" emails from all customer accounts to my registered admin email address.

Wonder if you can help?

@DasGoot - I think you're on a version where we changed some things in the delivery servers settings. can you try re-adding the servers you're using for sending?

Hi - when I try to remove the main server I get a 1205 SQL timeout error - have tried a few times now - the other 2 removed and re-imported OK. Perhaps it's because there are campaigns queued to go out using that server?

Hi - when I try to remove the main server I get a 1205 SQL timeout error - have tried a few times now - the other 2 removed and re-imported OK. Perhaps it's because there are campaigns queued to go out using that server?
To avoid any errors, ideally fix/change/adjust/re-import/etc the delivery servers when they are not in use. You could take the app offline and do it, that might be the safest. Hint: if you copy a DS (and then delete the old one), then it will have another ID, so anything that was (scheduled to be) using it, cannot (as it would be trying to use an old ID), so the campaigns would need updating. Maybe disabling, editing the DS settings back and forth (save each time), then re-enabling is the easiest.

Hi - when I try to remove the main server I get a 1205 SQL timeout error - have tried a few times now
This is because most likely this server has a lot of delivery logs stored and deleting them takes too much. Can you do it from command line to avoid timing out...? Something like:
Code:
DELETE FROM mw_delivery_server WHERE server_id = 123;
( change 123 with your server id )

Hi,
Managed to get it sorted and reinstalled the delivery servers so that part is working.
The first decent (160,000) campaign is going out this morning but now the system is sending approx. 50 emails per minute!! I have checked both the general send settings and the group settings relating to that client and both are the same as before so I am a bit stuck.
At this rate, his campaign will take forever!

Any clues as to what to look at for this?

Counting it through, looks to be 1 email per second roughly :-( ... really hope you can suggest something as it's a time sensitive campaign for today!

Back