Mailing Slowing Down After About 30% Sent

At a guess looking at the numbers you have posted it looks like MW is limited in the backend settings somewhere hitting a send quota of just under 10k emails.

Either that or your MTA has a throttle on it.

You sent a campaign to 20k and hit 47%, you sent a 10k campaign and hit 90% and now a 50k campaign and hit nearly 10k emails. It's always just under 10k.

Have a look through send quotas for customers and groups and see what is there.

That send rate is 1.44 million per 24 hours, this isn't being caused by MW not being able to cope but a setting somewhere.

Last edited:
What other areas would there be quotas set in MW?

The MTA is def not the problem because its sitting there waiting for more mail.
I can send more mail to it from another source and it accepts it just fine.
The account im sending from is an unlimited account, so it shouldnt have any quotas set.

Check Settings > Customers > and then the quotas and sending tabs.

If you setup a group and put your user in there check also Customers > Groups (select group) > Send & quota tabs

Have you checked the syslog & apache (or whichever web server you are using) logs? Just in case something is stated there.

Ya those settings are just fine... ive tested all sorts of ranges... from 10 at a time to 1000 at a time and no matter what it freezes...
I just tested 10 and it froze after about 60 emails sent...

I looked at the error logs and didnt see anything... im gonna pull apache logs and see if theres anything there.

Ok.... so I tested some new settings in the settings - > cron and settings -> customers area
I set subscribers at once to 10k and send at once 2k with a 2 second pause.
So far I have been able to send 50k out of the 55k, so I am thinking the other 5k are blacklisted/blocked emails.

What are optimal settings for subscribers at once and send at once?
Im not quite sure what its asking for there.

Optimal settings depend on your server capabilities.

PHP will be your ultimate blocker given the amount of memory it uses per process.

How long did it take to send 50k?

Just ran another test.... same list and it stopped at the exact same number so its def something to do with blacklisted emails. I think that should be fixed on the next release since it wont ever hit 100% complete when sending mail.

It took about 20 minutes to send 50k to the MTA. I have had the MTA pause all outgoing mail during these tests so I wouldnt send to the same people over and over again.

Im doing a live test right now and everything is looking good...

I would clean up the lists using an external service like http://www.datavalidation.com/

150,000 per hour is pretty decent, I imagine if you check your server stats and load average during a send you could increase the send rates in the backend until you hit your peak.

Glad you got it sorted.

Ya, I will def clean my data. Im mailing a buyer list right now, so bounces are very low since they spent a min of $10, less likely to use fake info when registering

Back