Mailgun multiple domains

KevinC

We have 20+ domains in our Mailgun account. When creating the Mailgun delivery server in Mailwizz, we are only asked for one domain name in the setup screen. Because of this, only one domain gets the webhooks set over at Mailgun. Doesn't this mean that only that one domain will have complaint/bounce processing working properly?

I don't want to create 25 mailgun delivery servers in mailwizz because of this. Should I just create the webhooks manually or is there some way to do this automatically from Mailwizz?

Mailgun treats each domain separately as far as i know and this is why when adding a delivery server in mailwizz you have to add it with the verified domain and mailwizz will create the webhooks which will be created for that particular domain.
So this is just how mailgun works, it's not specific to mailwizz, you'll need separate delivery servers for separate domains.

Mailgun treats each domain separately as far as i know and this is why when adding a delivery server in mailwizz you have to add it with the verified domain and mailwizz will create the webhooks which will be created for that particular domain.
So this is just how mailgun works, it's not specific to mailwizz, you'll need separate delivery servers for separate domains.

Yeah, that's a real shame. Especially since the Mailgun account has a limit of say 50,000/day, but now if I set up each of our domains in Mailwizz and set each of them with a 50k/day limit, it will be possible to go over our limits if we send multiple campaigns from multiple domains in a single day.

So if I set up 25+ Mailgun delivery servers, how will Mailwizz decide which one to use? If I've got domain1.com and domain2.com delivery servers and send a campaign from info@domain1.com what's going to stop mailwizz from using domain2 to send?

how will Mailwizz decide which one to use?
You can go to Backend > Settings > Customers and allow delivery servers to be selected in campaigns, then you can simply select the right delivery server for each campaign.

nd send a campaign from info@domain1.com what's going to stop mailwizz from using domain2 to send?
Nothing. Unless you do like suggested above and select the delivery server for campaign.

The problem is that we are sending campaigns from multiple delivery servers, so selecting one at the campaign level just won't work for us (We also utilize SES, Mailjet, Sparkpost)

It seems like this might be something Mailwizz could handle on its own pretty easily really. Instead of entering a single domain in the Mailgun domain field, have it accept a comma separated list. Then, on submission, create the webhooks for ALL of those domains. Then, when sending using that delivery server, automatically use the correct domain based on the FROM address.

Instead of entering a single domain in the Mailgun domain field, have it accept a comma separated list
Yup, this might do it very well. Please add it as a feature request in feature requests forum and we will implement it. However, it will be a while since we literally just released 1.5.0.

Back