MailBuids email template builder tag issues

Rigo

I am so new to all this and have spent so much money trying out so many email template builders and now I am trying this "MailBuilds" one (see attachment). It's ok, wont complain about it. But I do have an issue. Once I create the email, download the HTML file and upload it to MailWizz, I can add the tags (to make it more personal) to full name but they do not work when I send the emails. It stays as the tag and does not change it to the persons name.

To be honest, I have not found anything out there that creates email templates that then I can either finish editing in MailWizz with the editor and to add the tags which would work with the email templates uploaded. And I am getting tired of this.

(PS. I wish MailWizz created an email template editor/creator which would work perfectly with it)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-29 TemplateBuilder 2 0.png
    Screenshot_2020-12-29 TemplateBuilder 2 0.png
    313.1 KB · Views: 17
Unfortunately, they are not working. the tags used to add to the template were:
[COMPANY_FULL_ADDRESS]
[DIRECT_UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK]
[FNAME]
[WEB_VERSION_URL]
Non post only the link (but instead "show" the urls which requires the copying and pasting option.

[FNAME] worked on subject line but not on template, same with the others. I attached images of how I edited the template and saved it to how it looked in the email to this live online link which I had to copy and paste. https://www.figdatabase.com/newsletter/index.php/campaigns/lt4743q8ns88c/web-version/qd990tvxg4559

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-29 (2 unread) - figdatabase yahoo com - Yahoo Mail.png
    Screenshot_2020-12-29 (2 unread) - figdatabase yahoo com - Yahoo Mail.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2020-12-29 Fig Database Campaign template(1).png
    Screenshot_2020-12-29 Fig Database Campaign template(1).png
    13.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2020-12-29 Fig Database Campaign template.png
    Screenshot_2020-12-29 Fig Database Campaign template.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 9
Oh man, this is Chinese to me...lol
What does all that mean? I'm sorry I dont understand "parsed tags, tag in your list fields".

in your list fields
Go to customer area, select the list for which you have sent this campaign, click on it's name to go to overview, then click "Fields" from there, it will show you all custom fields defined for that list. Do you have a FNAME field?

I can't find this section you're asking me to look for "then click "Fields" from there, it will show you all custom fields defined for that list. Do you have a FNAME field?

Look at the left hand side of that same screen, you’ll see lots of options, look for the one that says LIST. Choose your List from there (from your screenshot it looks like Testers). Then look at the custom fields you have in there. Hope that helps.

Facebook Ads Notes-9.jpg

So does this mean I have to change [ FULLNAME ] to [ FNAME ] for it to work and add the others missing? @EmpEmail Thank you for your help.

So does this mean I have to change [ FULLNAME ] to [ FNAME ] for it to work and add the others missing? @EmpEmail Thank you for your help.
You can add in your template [FULLNAME] instead [FNAME]. Also if you click on Available tags you can see all tags available four your template.

Screenshot 2020-12-30 093847.png

You can add in your template [FULLNAME] instead [FNAME]. Also if you click on Available tags you can see all tags available four your template.

View attachment 12263
When I click on "Available Tags" thats where it says [FNAME] instead of [FULLNAME]. But I will change it when I add it to a template and test it to see if it works.

I think this is a bug
What do you mean? If your tag is is FULLNAME, then that's what you need to use.

Do you mean that even if you don't have a FNAME tag, it still appears in the list of available tags?
@laurentiu - can you check that and see if that's the case?

What do you mean? If your tag is is FULLNAME, then that's what you need to use.

Do you mean that even if you don't have a FNAME tag, it still appears in the list of available tags?
@laurentiu - can you check that and see if that's the case?
Yes, as you saw on my screenshot, I dont have a FNAME tag on the list but it still appears list of available tags.

And FULLNAME tag only appears in the subject section, not on template part.

Yes, as you saw on my screenshot, I dont have a FNAME tag on the list but it still appears list of available tags.

And FULLNAME tag only appears in the subject section, not on template part.
Thanks, we'll look into this ;)
@laurentiu please check this when you have a chance.

Yes, as you saw on my screenshot, I dont have a FNAME tag on the list but it still appears list of available tags
I tested and all it's working correctly, the reason why you find FNAME tag is because you are in Customer > Email Templates > Templates and there appear all tags available for the template( EMAIL, FNAME and LNAME are the default tags when one list is created). When campaign is created on step template if you click on Available Tags FNAME will not appear if this tag doesn't exist in your list selected for that campaign.

Ahhh, ok, I think I got it. Although a bit confusing for a newbie like me and no way of finding out the issue without asking here, you have all been very helpful. Mailwizz is awesome, thank you all for the help.

Back