mail-tester 9.8/10

d3m0n

Hello,

we are currently struggling with one issue related to Spamassassin and Return-path.
we have some customers that are using our default sending server in conjunction with our bounce server
the customer uses his sending domain

here is the scenario:

Track: track.send.customer.com
Bounce: bounce@bounce.esp.com
Sending Server: info@send.esp.com
Reply-To: info@send.customer.com

when the email arrives from one sending domain and the bounce server ( Return Path ) is on another domain the Spamassassin throws this out

-0.249 HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS From and EnvelopeFrom 2nd level mail domains are different

as a result many esp deliver emails to spam right away

is there a way how to solve this ? how to mask the Return-path / bounce server?
we are using PowerMTA

hello, i gad same problem before this is how i solved it

I have created a bounce domain mrkt.maindomain.com and created proper MX and everything.. This is a proper email domain that can send and receive mails
i ask all customers to create a cname mrkt.theirdomain.com --> mrkt.maindomain.com
then go to mail server and add this new mrkt.theirdomain.com to be alias domain of mrkt.mydomain.com
In mailwizz return path is the email used in bounce server
then i create a bounce server using mrkt.theirdomain.com and assign to specific server and specific customer. Of course each customer needs his own sending server too.
in this way each customer has his own return path and avoid header from different domain
In conjunction with a tracking domain only customer domain is used in emails.
Hope this helps
Regards
Dinos

Hi, I also have the same problem, but I don't understand the exact steps.
For convenience I'll tell you my situation.

I have Mailwizz installed in mydomain.com/news
My bounce server is bounce@mydomain.com with hostname mail.mydomain.com
The customer has customerdomain.com and I added and verified his domain in Domains -> Sending domains
The customer web site is hosted on Cloudflare (deployed on Cloudflare Pages).

With this setting I also got the message from mail-tester.com
-0.249 HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS From and EnvelopeFrom 2nd level mail domains are different

Could you advise me and explain the next steps to avoid this error, because I couldn't understand the next steps well?
Thanks for your patience, I'm a novice :)

Is the bounce address different than the from address? can you do a test where they both are the same?

Is the bounce address different than the from address? can you do a test where they both are the same?
Bounce address is bounce@mydomain.com and the from address is news@customerdomain.com

I attach the email header source code. I've blacked out the domains, so mydomain.com is where Mailwizz is installed (mydomain.com/news) and customerdomain.com is the customer domain with host and DNS on Cloudflare. (and without a mailbox).

Attachments

• results.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 3
This is what causes it, this is why I asked about it in the first place.
sure, I understand that's what's causing the problem.
So since the customer being on Cloudflare as a Page does not have the possibility to create his own bounce address, there is no way to solve it, right?

You could allow your customers to add their own delivery servers, or you can add it for them, and make sure they use the right addresses.
I think that's a feasible alternative.

Back