Looking for some general advice as I am just starting

Harrie Lambert

Hello all,

I have installed the script and built the website so far.
This is something I am hoping to push in the new year and build a business out of it.

I would like to find out the reason as to why there are the option to have many servers setup within the backend. Is this because I can split the load across multiple sending servers?

I am trying to get a client on board away from mailchimp, they send out around 900K emails a month to customers. I am trying to get their business.
Could I setup one server dedicated for them? And install other server for general use / low sending of emails etc. Could that help balance the outgoing mail and quotas.

And what are the difference with the bounce servers to the normal sending servers.

Is there anything I need to look out for in learning from the start? Can anyone give me good literature for me to understand what I would need to do to successfully run an email marketing campaign business.

Many thanks

Hello and welcome :)

Is this because I can split the load across multiple sending servers?
This too, but also the fact you can assign delivery servers to customers from backend, so that a customer can only use just one/more delivery servers.

Could I setup one server dedicated for them? And install other server for general use / low sending of emails etc. Could that help balance the outgoing mail and quotas.
Yes, you can def. do that.

And what are the difference with the bounce servers to the normal sending servers
Bounce servers are servers waiting for your emails to return to. Basically, when you send a campaign and some of the emails in that campaign are not valid, they bounce back to your bounce server which will process them and take action against them.
This is explained in the KB at https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/bounce-servers/

s there anything I need to look out for in learning from the start? Can anyone give me good literature for me to understand what I would need to do to successfully run an email marketing campaign business.
As far as mailwizz is concerned, we have videos, a great KB, this forum and a in-app tour that can help you get started.
I advise you to read as much as possible before you start.

As far as this business in general, again, read as much as possible, do your homework, it's not an easy business to run, but it will pay off if you do it right.

Back