Lists - Bulk action from source

Nick Burrett

Hello

I am trying to upload a CSV file of subscribers but keep getting error messages. I have tried both CSV and ZIP and getting these messages:

The file "ckp.csv" cannot be uploaded. Only files of these MIME-types are allowed: application/zip, application/x-zip, application/x-zip-compressed, application/octet-stream, application/x-compress, application/x-compressed, multipart/x-zip.

The file "ckp.zip" cannot be uploaded. Only files with these extensions are allowed: csv.

You can't import users from a zip file. Only CSV, text & SQL DB.

Import from CSV file
Please note, we only accept valid CSV files that contain a header, that is the column names for the data to be imported.
We also have a limit on the file size you are allowed to upload, that is 10MB.
The import process might fail with some of the files, mainly because these are not correctly formatted or they contain invalid data.
You should first do a test import(in a test list) and see if that goes as planned then do it for your actual list.
Important: The CSV file column names will be used to create the list TAGS, if a tag does not exist, it will be created.
You can also click here to see a csv file example.

Import from text file
Please note that you should list each email address on a separate line in your text file.
You can also click here to see a text file example.
We also have a limit on the file size you are allowed to upload, that is 10MB.

Is there anything in your "Application Log" under Backend > Miscellaneous > Application Log?

2015/04/21 07:26:08 [error] [exception.CDbException] invalid data source name
2015/04/21 07:26:08 [error] [exception.CDbException] exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.' in /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php:405
Stack trace:
#0 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php(347): CDbConnection->open()
#1 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php(325): CDbConnection->setActive(true)
#2 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/common/framework/base/CModule.php(394): CDbConnection->init()
#3 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/common/framework/base/CModule.php(103): CModule->getComponent('db')
#4 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/common/components/managers/OptionsManager.php(161): CModule->__get('db')
#5 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/common/components/managers/OptionsManager.php(73): OptionsManager->loadCategory('system.common.s...')
#6 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/common/components/init/SystemInit.php(47): OptionsManager->get('system.common.s...')
#7 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/common/framework/base/CComponent.php(561): SystemInit->_runOnBeginRequest(Object(CEvent))
#8 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/common/framework/base/CApplication.php(211): CComponent->raiseEvent('onBeginRequest', Object(CEvent))
#9 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/common/framework/base/CApplication.php(182): CApplication->onBeginRequest(Object(CEvent))
#10 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/apps/init.php(196): CApplication->run()
#11 /home/coolkids/public_html/news-subdomain/index.php(18): require_once('/home/coolkids/...')
#12 {main}
REQUEST_URI=/
---
2015/04/21 07:26:08 [error] [exception.CDbException] invalid data source name

Is that a time stamp for the time you did the import? I've got a feeling that's for when you tried a .zip file.

Can you send your .CSV file to me using the private message function?

Solution was actually in the name of the thread, I really should have read it properly!!

Bulk action from source isn't for importing subscribers. The import function is:

Lists > Overview > Tools > Import > File type.

My apologies.

Back