Link Tracking

Jazz

When i use Sendgrid and sparkpost web api, do I still need to setup and use tracking domain in MW or can i use their api to postback that info to MW via webhook?

@Jazz - Tracking domains are not needed, it's just an option. Without them click or/and url tracking will work just fine, you have to enable them in your campaign.

hello - I have added the tracking domains to the customers account - then added the correct cname domain in the DNS settings on cpanel. its been 4 days so DNs settings should have been updated but when I click on a link it hits the below error:

404 Not Found
The server can not find the requested page:

tracking.digitalwpmarket.com/campaigns/hs772qmnzz043/track-url/dd015jq6oref3/7b5b6a5995c48fa761660bbc61b5cf36c0b2aa10 (port 80)
Please forward this error screen to tracking.digitalwpmarket.com's WebMaster.

how can I fix this?

if your talking about this feed;https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/...se-ip-directly-for-my-mw-app.2655/#post-16680 that wont help me as the tracking url is for a domain on a different server to my mailwizz install.
Then I would probably try with a subdomain there and get the right dns prefix/cname from that into mwz. The point is to make sure apache has something to handle, as a cname alone does not do that. Others mentioned parked and addon domains, but that did not work for my tracking.

Thanks for coming back to me. I have managed to the tracking URL working using sub domain however it keeps showing up as direct traffic in GA not as a referral?

Thanks for coming back to me. I have managed to the tracking URL working using sub domain however it keeps showing up as direct traffic in GA not as a referral?
Hmm, probably because it is on a different server/domain/IP...can you reallocate it in GA so that the stats work out?

how do I do that - I am talking about if I send out an email for a client and the links in the email get clicked, if I check in my clients GA it does not show the clicks via the email.

if I send out an email for a client and the links in the email get clicked
if that is a mwz tracking domain, then mwz should count those clicks

it keeps showing up as direct traffic in GA not as a referral
vs
if I check in my clients GA it does not show the clicks via the email
these two above I am now not sure I understand correctly, pls explain (perhaps with example) so I can try to help

Thank you for coming back to me - so e.g.

if I click the below link - it will redirect me to the correct content on my clients website - however their google analytics shows this as direct traffic. screenshot attached.

A short list of some games we want to see on the Nintendo Switch

(Mailwizz currently picks up the clicks - I want my clients to be able to see how much traffic was driven to their website via our email marketing)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 00.13.44.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 00.13.44.png
    501.1 KB · Views: 18
Thank you for coming back to me - so e.g.

if I click the below link - it will redirect me to the correct content on my clients website - however their google analytics shows this as direct traffic. screenshot attached.

A short list of some games we want to see on the Nintendo Switch

(Mailwizz currently picks up the clicks - I want my clients to be able to see how much traffic was driven to their website via our email marketing)
Is it possible to put a filter into 'Traffic Sources' for each tracking domain?

How was this working before / with another solution?

If mwz shows the clicks, what is the difference between that and traffic?

Back