License details

Ahmed

Hi

Is there such a license that would allow me to offer auto responder to my users on my own website ?

What I mean is, am I able to install mailwizz on my domain,create accounts for individual users of my membership system and allow them to use it ?

Thanks

@Ahmed - That's called an extended license and you need it if you are going to use mailwizz as a SAAS platform where you will charge your customers to use the service.

Thanks for the prompt reply

I'm happy to an extended license for this

But I won't be selling it as a standalone it will be part of a membership package with this being as one of the perks

Would users have their own dashboard? Would they be able to add their own mandrill etc Api details etc etc

Is there any documentation I can look at please ? Also what are your thoughts on offering this ? Would it cause many queries from users ?

Thanks

But I won't be selling it as a standalone it will be part of a membership package with this being as one of the perks
It still applies.

Would they be able to add their own mandrill etc Api details etc etc
Yeah, you can have them add their own servers, look into backend > settings > customers for general settings and if you need better control over certain users, look into customer groups.

Is there any documentation I can look at please ?
Not sure what type of documents should be, it's all in the backend panel, if you play around with the app, you'll notice it.

Also what are your thoughts on offering this ? Would it cause many queries from users ?
I can't speak in this matter, it's all up to you, but please, do some research before going into this type of things as emailing is a demanding process and you'll need very good servers if you have plenty of users.

Ok thanks

I understand the need for good servers and if I did go for it then I would be looking to get a good one before anything else

Just to clarify that the application will remain the same as is now so I am able to see all settings on my current license

Is it possible to upgrade my current license to an extended one ?

Is it possible to cap how many emails can be sent per a month, how often crons are ran, how many lists can be created, the size of lists or a cap ok total subscribers etc ?

Just trying to gauge how much control I would have and if I can set certain restrictions.. I guess that's what I was meaning by documentation such as the kind of control I would have for each user

Thanks

Let's see :)

Just to clarify that the application will remain the same as is now so I am able to see all settings on my current license
Yup, that is correct. Licensing only works from a legal standpoint only. The files are the same for both licenses.

Is it possible to upgrade my current license to an extended one ?
I believe so, but only Envato can do this, so contact them.

Just trying to gauge how much control I would have and if I can set certain restrictions.. I guess that's what I was meaning by documentation such as the kind of control I would have for each user
I hear you, that's why i said the best way is to first get familiar with the application, then you'll know exactly where you are ;)

Thanks.

Thanks

Yup I just had a look and it seems almost everything is customisable which is perfect - I made a bunch of changes only to realise it effected me because I am a customer so I set it all as default again- I'm guessing this is where groups would come in handy - have me in 1 with no restrictions and users with the imitations etc ?

I said yes to allow customer to select own servers but when I logged in as a customer I couldn't see how that could be done

I don't think I will be doing this till around Feb/March next year but if I needed support in getting things setup then are you guys available for additional support (hourly rate or per project?)

Thanks

I said yes to allow customer to select own servers but when I logged in as a customer I couldn't see how that could be done
You also have to decide what type of servers you allow them to add and how many, Servers tab explains it :)

but if I needed support in getting things setup then are you guys available for additional support (hourly rate or per project?)
This depends highly on what's already in works, you can send a PM to find out at that time ;)

Thanks.

Ok thanks -

One more question came to mind regarding the urls that are sent in emails for tracking -

when I send an email then the the tracking urls ook like this - mydomain.com/index.php/csmpaigns.....

Will this always remain the same ?

At the moment I'm using mandrill with good success, is there anyway I can turn analytics off and get stats inside of mandrill? At the moment mandrill shows me 0 as open rate and I can only see this inside of mail wizz

Thanks

Will this always remain the same ?
They don't really remain the same, they have a hash in them that uniquely identify subscribers ;)

is there anyway I can turn analytics off and get stats inside of mandrill?
Only if you are going to use mandrill as a smtp server. The web api implementation will disable this by its own.

Thanks.

Back