Large scale testing - I need a dummy SMTP server

OptiBiz1

We will soon be doing large scale testing of our flavor of MW and I just wonder if any of you know of any dummy SMTP server (delivery server) that we can send millions of emails to from many concurrent users under several concurrent resellers, but that sends these emails to /dev/null or just doesn't send them at all).

Thanks.

Last edited:
We will soon be doing large scale testing of our flavor of MW and I just wonder if any of you know of any dummy SMTP server that we can send millions of emails to from many concurrent users under several concurrent resellers, but that sends these emails to /dev/null or just doesn't send them at all).

Thanks.

One option is built-in, the dummy mailer (it is where you select phpmailer or swiftmailer or the dummy mailer).
Another would be to use a PMTA which is set to not send out anything, so you can watch the queue grow.
;)

One option is built-in, the dummy mailer (it is where you select phpmailer or swiftmailer or the dummy mailer).
Another would be to use a PMTA which is set to not send out anything, so you can watch the queue grow.
;)

Thanks. The built-in probably won't give us a hint on how much bandwidth is needed. The PMTA requires a license, but could be an option.
Any other ideas?

Thanks. The built-in probably won't give us a hint on how much bandwidth is needed. The PMTA requires a license, but could be an option.
Any other ideas?
Ask a friend who has a spare PMTA server, or use any of the similar ones (drh GreenArrow, Rabbit MQ, or similar open source software), or perhaps use a vps with postfix and send all into void, or even simpler, use email/forwarder into blackhole. It all depends on how much you want to analyse the traffic.

Back