Landon, a free frontend landing theme.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
You can download it for free and install it from Backend -> Extend -> Themes -> Frontend, then you can enable it from same place and visit your mailwizz app frontend to see the changes.
This theme is provided as an example to develop your own themes. If you follow it, you'll be able to learn mailwizz theming so that you can theme the frontend / backend and customer area very easy.

Enjoy.
Thanks.

Hi

When I upload this folder I receive an error:

'Failed to write the uploaded file "landon-frontend.zip" to disk.' I've checked php.ini settings and they are fine, I've had no problem uploading extensions such as support tickets & stripe.

Is there a setting for theme file types I need to change?

Many Thanks.

2015/03/03 17:11:30 [error] [exception.CException] exception 'CException' with message 'Failed to write the uploaded file "landon-frontend.zip" to disk.' in /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/validators/CFileValidator.php:211
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/validators/CFileValidator.php(181): CFileValidator->validateFile(Object(ThemeHandlerForm), 'archive', Object(CUploadedFile))
#1 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/validators/CValidator.php(201): CFileValidator->validateAttribute(Object(ThemeHandlerForm), 'archive')
#2 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/base/CModel.php(159): CValidator->validate(Object(ThemeHandlerForm), NULL)
#3 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/models/ThemeHandlerForm.php(45): CModel->validate()
#4 /var/www/html/app/apps/backend/controllers/ThemeController.php(89): ThemeHandlerForm->upload('frontend')
#5 [internal function]: ThemeController->actionUpload('frontend')
#6 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/web/actions/CAction.php(109): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(ThemeController), Array)
#7 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/web/actions/CInlineAction.php(47): CAction->runWithParamsInternal(Object(ThemeController), Object(ReflectionMethod), Array)
#8 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(308): CInlineAction->runWithParams(Array)
#9 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/web/filters/CFilterChain.php(133): CController->runAction(Object(CInlineAction))
#10 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(291): CFilterChain->run()
#11 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(265): CController->runActionWithFilters(Object(CInlineAction), Array)
#12 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(282): CController->run('upload')
#13 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController('theme/upload/ap...')
#14 /var/www/html/app/apps/common/framework/base/CApplication.php(184): CWebApplication->processRequest()
#15 /var/www/html/app/apps/init.php(196): CApplication->run()
#16 /var/www/html/app/backend/index.php(18): require_once('/var/www/html/a...')
#17 {main}
REQUEST_URI=/backend/theme/upload/app/frontend

It's a permission error, trust me.
Anyway, don't waste time with this, simply unzip the theme and upload the resulted folder in frontend/themes folder then you should see it in backend -> extend -> themes -> frontend.

I just installed the theme frontend without problems, but I have not noticed a difference. And when I give a preview to the subject, asked me the following:

-Newsletter list
-Newsletter public key
-Newsletter private key

Hey thanks for the Frontend theme that is very cool and great looking ;)

I've found my way to edit that front end but I'm still trying to figure out HOW TO edit the subscribe form so it works with one of my lists. I bit of guidance would be appreciated as I'm a bit in a hurry to put the subscriber form to work and I've been looking much around on the forum as well and can't seem to find a simple direction.

Thanks
Andy

Thanks for the snappy looking Landon theme for Frontend. Installed and activated no problem.

@Andy Any luck on how to edit the subscribe form?

@Andy Any luck on how to edit the subscribe form?

Unfortunately not yet, however I've finally simply replaced the actual template code for the form, to my own list form code. There should be another way to put this in some configuration somewhere but we have no instruction at all on how to do this. This would normally allow to switch template without the need to change the form code, if we knew how to change it.

Back