Keep the same link in every Autoresponder Follow Up

Hello,

I use bitly.com shortened links to my landing pages in my emails (about 50 different bitly-links referring to landingpage A and the same amount to landingpage B) and want to make a A/B-Splittest. But I need Mailwizz to keep the same bitly link in every follow up email since the first autoresponder where a link is taken.

I considered to use a "Custom Field" of the list the autoresponders is sent to, which is set to the specific link when an email is sent out to one user and use this custom field in every follow up. This custom filed could be populated with the respective link via CCT_Customtag (where are the 50 bitly links to LP A and also for LP B are saved with random take). But how can I populate the appropiate custom field with this value when an email is sent out to an user? Just found "Change subscriber custom field value upon campaign open" under "campaign setup" ("show more options"). But I would need this "....when campaign is sent". And I think that it is not possible to use a CCT_Customtag in the "Field value" to change to at this point?

Can I achieve my needed feature with the above approach or does somebody here have a different implementation?

Thank you.

Are these links static, they never change? if so, why not simply add them in the template directly ?

@twisted1919 Thank you for your answer and sorry for my delayed reply. I was on vacation during the last week.

"Are these links static, they never change? if so, why not simply add them in the template directly ?"​

Maybe I missed something or I expressed myself wrong, but I can't see such a feature in the template directly. Or do I have to use the template engine (Twig) for achieving this? As said, I have a list of e.g. 50 different links (http://b*it.ly/1kDK*0dM, http://b*it.ly/23O*ij78, http://bi*t.ly/15O*P87u....) where 25/50 linking to landingpage A and the other 25 going to landingpage B. I want to send an autoresponder to my subscribers with 3 follow ups, where I need to keep the outgoing link (that should be randomly taken from the list when sending the 1st email) the same in every follow up email (so the user will be sent to the same landpage every time).

@twisted1919 Thank you for your answer and sorry for my delayed reply. I was on vacation during the last week.

"Are these links static, they never change? if so, why not simply add them in the template directly ?"​

Maybe I missed something or I expressed myself wrong, but I can't see such a feature in the template directly. Or do I have to use the template engine (Twig) for achieving this? As said, I have a list of e.g. 50 different links (http://b*it.ly/1kDK*0dM, http://b*it.ly/23O*ij78, http://bi*t.ly/15O*P87u....) where 25/50 linking to landingpage A and the other 25 going to landingpage B. I want to send an autoresponder to my subscribers with 3 follow ups, where I need to keep the outgoing link (that should be randomly taken from the list when sending the 1st email) the same in every follow up email (so the user will be sent to the same landpage every time).
If I understand @twisted1919 's post correctly, what was meant, is to simply paste the static link into the text field/ html code of the email you are editing (the 'template' for this/these email/s).

If I understand @twisted1919 's post correctly, what was meant, is to simply paste the static link into the text field/ html code of the email you are editing (the 'template' for this/these email/s).

Okay, but that does not solve my problem ;) Any other ideas to keep the outgoing links (dynamic links) consistent from one autoresponder follow up to the next?

Okay, but that does not solve my problem ;) Any other ideas to keep the outgoing links (dynamic links) consistent from one autoresponder follow up to the next?

Hmm, could you clarify e.g. outlining each step what you want to happen? When does the randomization happen? Is the link to be the same per subscriber across the ARs, but different among the subscribers?

"Is the link to be the same per subscriber across the ARs, but different among the subscribers?"
Yes, the link has to be the same per subscriber across the ARs, but different among the various subscribers.

"When does the randomization happen?"
As I want to send the subscribers to at least 2 different landingpages (but keep the same outgoing link steady across every follow up email for one specific subscriber) the randomization should happen when the 1st AR is sent out to one subscriber (and then this particular link should be "locked" to this subcriber so he will get the same link in every AR sent out later).

"Hmm, could you clarify e.g. outlining each step what you want to happen?"
I want to send ARs (with 2-3 follow ups) to the subscribers of my list. Because I need to split them to different landingpages (offers) and don't want to have my "real" links in the emails I use a URL-shortener service like bitly.com. So I create 10 bitly-links pointing to my landingpage A and also 10 pointing to landingpage B. Then I need MW to randomly take one link out of this 20 and insert it to the first AR to one subscriber. Now this specific subscriber shall receive exactly the same link as in the first AR with every new AR that is sent to him.
My consideration was to just paste all the links into an CCT_Customtag and choose "Random" and then insert this Customtag into the email template(s) for the ARs. But I assume this will take a new random link with every follow up AR and so the link doesn't keep steady across one subscriber.

Any ideas?
Thank you for your appreciated help :)

the link has to be the same per subscriber across the ARs, but different among the various subscribers
Thanks for the confirmation. This is, AFAIK, not yet possible with mwz directly, but you could
# custom code it
or
# use the api, an integration tool, or another software (and then upload the links into custom fields).

this will take a new random link with every follow up AR and so the link doesn't keep steady across one subscriber
Yes.

Back