Just installed, can't get test campaign to send

ElJefe

Hi,
I followed the instructions in the getting started guide. I then created a test campaign, and set it up to send. When it never arrived, I started looking at the logs. The application log is filling up with errors like these:
---
2017/11/20 19:53:00 [error] [exception.CDbException] SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
2017/11/20 19:53:00 [error] [exception.CDbException] exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php:405
Stack trace:
#0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php(347): CDbConnection->open()
#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php(325): CDbConnection->setActive(true)
#2 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/framework/base/CModule.php(394): CDbConnection->init()
#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/framework/base/CModule.php(103): CModule->getComponent('db')
#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/components/managers/OptionsManager.php(164): CModule->__get('db')
#5 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/components/managers/OptionsManager.php(73): OptionsManager->loadCategory('system.extensio...')
#6 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/components/managers/ExtensionsManager.php(191): OptionsManager->get('system.extensio...', 'disabled')
#7 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/components/managers/ExtensionsManager.php(118): ExtensionsManager->isExtensionEnabled('translate')
#8 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/components/init/SystemInit.php(86): ExtensionsManager->loadAllExtensions()
#9 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/framework/base/CComponent.php(561): SystemInit->_runOnBeginRequest(Object(CEvent))
#10 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/framework/base/CApplication.php(212): CComponent->raiseEvent('onBeginRequest', Object(CEvent))
#11 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/common/framework/base/CApplication.php(183): CApplication->onBeginRequest(Object(CEvent))
#12 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/init.php(238): CApplication->run()
#13 /Library/WebServer/Documents/mw/apps/console/console.php(28): require_once('/Library/WebSer...')
#14 {main}
---​
Also, nothing appears in the cron history. Not sure if those two things are related. I copy/pasted the cron commands from the quick start guide. All the installation checks passed. Ideas?

Also, nothing appears in the cron history. Not sure if those two things are related
They are, it means the cron jobs don't run, or they run and they call the wrong php binary.
When mailwizz shows you the cron jobs that you have to add, it tries to detect the right PHP binary that you have to use. Sometimes it cannot do it because of the hosting, and it defaults to it's best guess.
My advice is to ask your hosting about the real/actual path to the PHP CLI Binary, then edit your cron jobs and make them use that.

You can also see https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/my-campaigns-dont-send-theyre-stuck-in-pending-sending-status/ for a few more hints.

Back