Issues on mailer

Superyo

Hi,

With the update to v.1.3.6.2 we have issues with the mailers:

- Swiftmailer. If suscriber has an invalid email address like vitoriasl@carpinterialumiñovitoria.com fails with this error:
[2016-05-11 14:53:12] - Preparing the entire email...
[2016-05-11 14:53:12] - Exception thrown: Address in mailbox given [vitoriasl@carpinterialumiñovitoria.com] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.
[2016-05-11 14:53:12] - Using delivery server: mxout3.enviarcorreo.es (ID: 3).
[2016-05-11 14:53:12] - Sending the email message using the DIRECT method.
[2016-05-11 14:53:12] - Exception thrown: Address in mailbox given [consultas@náutica.com] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.

and the process dies and stop processing emails. I know the email is invalid but it should skip it and take the next subscriber.

- PHPmailer. This mailer works well with invalid emails, skips the bad ones and send the email to the valid. The problema with it is the Return-Path in the sent email is the field defined as "From" instead the Return-Path defined in the Bounce Sever. With that behavior all the errors arrive to the "sender" of the campaign and not to the Bounce address, flooding the email account and avoiding the bounce processor.

@Superyo - a quick fix to the issue is to copy the contents of the file /apps/common/vendors/SwiftMailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php in this file: /apps/common/vendors/SwiftMailer-5x/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php file and save the changes.

Hi,

Thanks. I had fix the problem uncommenting line 300 of file:
apps/common/components/mailer/MailerPHPMailer.php

What's the main difference between PHPMailer a SwiftMailer?. In the backend tooltip says SwiftMailer is full-featured and PHPMailer is faster. Which will you recommend?. We send our mails with a server farm running exim.

Thanks.

Ok, I'll keep using phpmailer. In future Mailwizz releases the line 300 in apps/common/components/mailer/MailerPHPMailer.php will be uncommented?

Why?. At least with Exim it makes write wrong de ReturnPath header. Has other side effects?

The line commented is:
PHP:
$mailer->Sender     = $returnEmail;

If you enable that, then it works properly on exim but breaks for postfix if i remember correctly.
I am thinking to remove PhpMailer from the core all together and make it a separate extension so people could simply edit it accordingly.

When the next release comes out, will the SwiftMailer work properly?. I don't mind PHPMailer or SwiftMailer, I only want a mailer that works without having to change things on every update.

Hi,

I'm facing problem like "Address in mailbox given [something101@gmail.com] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2."
How to solve this issue?
I'm using latest version of Mailwizz and using SwiftMailer.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm facing problem like "Address in mailbox given [something101@gmail.com] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2."
How to solve this issue?
I'm using latest version of Mailwizz and using SwiftMailer.

Thanks.
You could run your address/lists through a RFC verifier, and perhaps switch to PHPmailer, it is 2.6x faster in my tests ;)

Back