Issue with Mailwizz and Amazon SES

Hello to everyone, support and admin,

I am having serious issue with Amazon SES Web API.

...And here's what I am currently facing.

I have a very high server spec ram and I ensure I optimized my database and then test with mytuner script which reads OK.

I test the server with other SMTP which looks very good and fast with no issue.

...but using amazon SES web API , I always run into issues and the issue is that

Anytime I start sending out eMails, it gets my site very slow, unresponsive and sometimes crash my site. And even other even other site would stop responding.

I think it has to do with the web-hook data being sent by Amazon SES to Mailwizz to process complaints and bounces e.t.c but I am not sure and that is why I am opening this thread.

Note: If I use Amazon or any other SMTP it would work but the API method crashes my site.

I also discover that eMails would continue sending in background and of course fast but the site/app would not be accessible and sometimes very slow.

What I do to regain back is simply removing the sending cron, then after some minutes site becomes fast.

I am suspecting the data being sent to webhook for Mailwizz to process but any solution to my problem?

Looking forward to read back from you.

Thanks

I think it has to do with the web-hook data being sent by Amazon SES to Mailwizz to process complaints and bounces e.t.c but I am not sure and that is why I am opening this thread.
Not only that, but when people open and click your emails, all these events will hit your mailwizz database.

My only advice is to lower your sending settings so that you give time to your server to handle the opens, clicks, webhooks, etc as they come in in smaller numbers.

Of course, this is just blind advice because we don't know the exact issue, but i am going to exclude the database because you said it's properly tuned.
Keep in mind that by default, nginx and php-fpm aren't really configured to handle hundred requests per second, so that might be as well your issue, check your web server and php-fpm logs for any hints as to what you can improve.

Back