Interested in a translation JV ?

OptiBiz1

Would anyone be interested in a joint venture (JV) in translating Mailwizz into as many languages as possible? I could create a translation account in one of our servers with access only to our translation editor (it's a plugin to MW) so that it will be a smooth(er) process.

If anyone have a certain plugin that needs to be translated, it should of course be a part of such a JV too, meaning, being part of the translation JV will require every translator to translate even plugins that every translator don't necessarily have access to.
If you have a plugin that you want to have translated, you wouldn't have to send me the plugin to have it translated, just send the translation file so that our translation editor recognizes it.

If anyone is interested in this setup, then please respond to this thread with the following info:

* what language(s) you can translate
* for each language => language code and corresponding country code
* how many non-standard plugins that you need to get translated
* approximate time frame when you believe you can have everything translated after you have started

Thanks!

Last edited:
Whoa! I am overwhelmed by the enormous interest in cooperating in getting MW translated to a lot of languages! The interest is so huge that my inbox has been filled every day since I posted the above message. ;)
Not a single response. It surely makes me re-think about what I was going to share ahead.

Not a single response. It surely makes me re-think about what I was going to share ahead.
...don't take it personally, it is just busy people...and if you look around, there is always some problem with any translation it seems, so might be best to leave it in ENglish...
...same thing with the validation group...very few replies, but no biggie for me ;)

I wanted to translate Mailwizz several times, but without succes because twisted did not leave me much time with his successives and quickly updates :)

I wanted to translate Mailwizz several times, but without succes because twisted did not leave me much time with his successives and quickly updates :)
that's a good point, so we need to organize a translation team it seems...so all updates get quickly translated!

Ok, I don't have much faith in this due to the not-so-overwhelming response the last time :) , but I will give it a try:

I am about to hire translators for translating MW to German, French, Chinese (Mandarin and Kantonese), Japanese, Korean/Hungal, Russian, Polish and possibly Hindi (I am really uncertain about Hindi though). If anyone else is interested in taking part of it we can share the cost, either language wise or for the total lot (I will of course cover for all that is unique for us only, ie translations of our plugins). You will see the real cost and pay for your part of the self-cost, the more persons who shares the cost the lower it will be. I will of course not put any margin on top of the real costs, this will be a pure self-cost setup.

I have found some really cheap translators that are fluent in the needed languages and they will do the translations using our translation editor. How much time is needed to do the actual translations is hard to tell and I don't know how many strings it is either. They will be full time contractors during the time they translate MW and then it ends. The applications from the translators are pouring in with a pace of approximately 20 applicants per day, so I will definitely find the proper resourses.

If you are interested then respond within one week from now. There is this opportunity now. I don't have any intentions of selling these language packages so if you "miss the train" now, it will be similar to missing what we have been doing since I invited for a JV a year ago to do all the stuff that we have built since then
(and we have built an extensive set of features to supplement what MW delivers and in the right way (plugins, no core code changes) - but that opportunity is long gone, now it's a matter of language packs only).

If I ever get the time to finalise my own mother tongue language pack I will give that away for free (it's a Scandinavian language).

Last edited:
@OptiBiz1 Hi, I would like to fully translate MW into Italian, but I don't know how. If you can explain me how to do it I will do it for free. I am not a skilled developer but I have good will and I want to do it only to optimize my personal mailwizz. Once finished I will be happy to share it for free with those who request it.

Back