installing redis server and processes

Jason

hey,

been reviewing how to install redis. I can give it a go, but had a few queries if okay;

is there a quick command line way of checking whether the pcntl extension is installed and enabled? Doesn't seem very straight forward, although the client package it is in, is installed on my server.

when set up and using redis, can i use the normal route of sending, if i wanted to slow rate a few campaigns out? so long as it was or wasn't specified in the outbound servers, can a redis and non redis send out at the same time?

what is the stop and restart process for redis? Do i have to comand line and kill the process each time after using it? Or can i just schedule one campaign after another?

thanks

is there a quick command line way of checking whether the pcntl extension is installed and enabled? Doesn't seem very straight forward, although the client package it is in, is installed on my server.
Code:
# from command line: 
php -r 'var_dump(extension_loaded('pcntl'));'
Or you can simply look for it in backend -> misc -> php info

when set up and using redis, can i use the normal route of sending, if i wanted to slow rate a few campaigns out? so long as it was or wasn't specified in the outbound servers, can a redis and non redis send out at the same time?
Yes.

what is the stop and restart process for redis? Do i have to comand line and kill the process each time after using it? Or can i just schedule one campaign after another?
You don't need to stop redis, why would you?

Anyway, you are pretty much on your own when using Redis with mailwizz, i can't officially support this sending method for now.

Back