jimbo333

Hello,

I am getting this error when trying to set up the Mailwizz app

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied

I am trying to set this up on a digital ocean droplet.

I first created a wordress site through serverpilot. I also created a sub folder on the domain titled Mailer and uploaded the mailwizz app using filezilla.

I dont know how to proceed after receiving the error. I researched that I need to create the directory and give permissions but I dont have a cpanel on digital ocean or through serverpilot. Please advise.

Thanks

Hello,

I am getting this error when trying to set up the Mailwizz app

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied

I am trying to set this up on a digital ocean droplet.

I first created a wordress site through serverpilot. I also created a sub folder on the domain titled Mailer and uploaded the mailwizz app using filezilla.

I dont know how to proceed after receiving the error. I researched that I need to create the directory and give permissions but I dont have a cpanel on digital ocean or through serverpilot. Please advise.

Thanks

Perhaps try the mwz requirements checker first.
It might show what needs to be installed before installing mwz ;)

Thanks. Where is the mailwizz requirements checker? And how would you install MW on a digital ocean droplet? The directions are very hard to follow.

Where is the mailwizz requirements checker?
It is in the app and comes up early in the install procedure, but only, if it can come up, which the above error suggests it cannot.
Then, the other way to get the results of the requirements checker would be to use the separate install of it from here:
https://github.com/twisted1919/mailwizz-requirements-checker
Hope this works. If not, perhaps reinstall the server, update it, and then try again.

how would you install MW on a digital ocean droplet?
It depends how you want it, oft a bare bones install seems simple at first, but does not make life easier in the end, especially if server admin is not your thing/goal. If you are more into marketing and want a mostly worry free experience, a control panel might be good for you. Most marketers I know use cpanel/whm, but some like the free ones.

The directions are very hard to follow.
Which ones?

Back