Insert a footer block

MauriceW

Hi,

I have more than 1000 emails in an ongoing email campaign, and I need to update the footer in each one because some business information has changed. Currently, this means I would have to manually open and edit each of these 1000 emails, which is a huge and impractical task.

I'm wondering if there's a more efficient method. For instance, could I use a single HTML block as the footer? I'm thinking about something like a placeholder that, once updated, would automatically reflect the changes in all the emails. This approach is different from using custom fields, which are typically specific to each subscriber. What I need is a "field" that I can update in one central location. Then, I would only need to insert a placeholder for this field in every email.

The idea is that whenever I need to make another change to the footer, I would only have to edit it in this one place, and the update would apply to all the emails at once.

Look into campaign footers, available for all customers or per customer group. It will allow you to inject a footer to all outgoing emails in campaigns.

Okay guys, I have set up a campaign header and footer in a user GROUP. It works.

BUT, when I make a new list (of course with the same user, in the same user group), and then copy an autoresponder email from a previous list and place it in this new list, I do NOT get the header and footer with a test email.

When I check the web version in the preview, the header and footer are there. But when the email is sent, they're missing.

Bug?

Edit: When I send a test email by selecting the email from the list of emails and then in the dropdown (Bulk actions) choose to send a test, this issue occurs. When testing from the 'Template' (when editing the email) it does work, but only when the test email has been subscribed to the list.

Last edited:
Edit: When I send a test email by selecting the email from the list of emails and then in the dropdown (Bulk actions) choose to send a test, this issue occurs. When testing from the 'Template' (when editing the email) it does work, but only when the test email has been subscribed to the list.
This will be fixed in the next release.

Back