Improving social sharing display of signup-pages

nadworks

I'm being asked this by my clients continuously:
They want to drive traffic to their signup pages to grow their lists via social media, but the twitter card and Facebook in-feed display of the signup pages look horrendous. I think I asked this before, but the ability to add basic social metadata to the individual list page such as an image and page title other than my own company name and application (instead of that of the list), would be really useful.

Here's an example:
Annotation 2020-08-27 170129.png
The "link preview" is what would be seen in Facebook. No image, and it's not the list's (client's) company, but mine.

After removing some restrictions from the robots.txt file, I'm getting this for twitter. But the missing twitter card info (which would also go into the page head), stops it from displaying anything useful:

Annotation 2020-08-27 170907.png

Please let me know if I'm missing something. All it would need are some variables (like custom tags) for the meta data for each individual list.

Last edited:
Wondering if there's any feedback on this, consideration or alternative.
Just had two more clients asking me about this...

You should change mailwizz code and add some meta tag , and for image preview it can be a static image.

You should change mailwizz code and add some meta tag , and for image preview it can be a static image.
Not in this case. All meta tags are fed through one single framework. I cannot adjust it for each client. And for the same reason, a static image is not beneficial. Plus each MW update would likely overwrite any hacks I apply to the pages.

Just picking this up again since more and more clients of mine are asking for it:
We are relying on sharing the native MW list sign-up pages on social media to get people to opt-in. Yet, when we do, the links look very unprofessional and bare. There's no customisable info referring to the customer brand. No image to go with the link (and this image would have to be flexible and customisable for each client and list).
Is there any way the setup of a new list can include FB open graph and twitter card meta data incl. a custom image upload?

Is there any way the setup of a new list can include FB open graph and twitter card meta data incl. a custom image upload?
We could look into this ONLY from 2.x, no chance to add it in 1.x as 1.x will not receive database changes anymore for stability reasons.

Really excited to see this in the 2.0.10 changelog:
... ability for lists to add Open Graph tags for the subscription page
Where exactly can this be set, please?

Any chance you could investigate this issue with Twitter and the robot.txt file for one of the upcoming releases? :)

1624828719414.png

Any chance you could investigate this issue with Twitter and the robot.txt file for one of the upcoming releases
Just remove the robots.txt file and see if that fixes the issue. We omit this folder from robots.txt so there should be no issue since facebook can load same image just fine.

Back