Importing Delivery Servers

idedicated

When importing delivery servers (SMTP accounts), I can't seem to figure out how to export/import the entire server settings (like customer defaults to system, the force reply-to, force sender or domain policies). Is this not possible? Also, is there no way to import tracking domains as well?

@idedicated - we only export the settings we think are safe to import in a new system so that you can then easily review and adjust them and finally validate them. It's important to make sure validation work so that sending actually works.

You can, at any time, export from phpmyadmin and import via phpmyadmin as well in case default app importer is not enough.

Okay. Thank you for the prompt response. This however is my issue and why I am trying to export data anyway. I initially used the docker install of mailwizz, which has hindered my ability to use the server as I normally would - you know simple commands like "systemctl nginx status" (and even the docker version of the command, "docker exec -t mailwizz /usr/bin/systemctl status nginx") just don't work as expected (I always get errors for almost everything and they are almost always, "Failed to get D-Bus connection: Operation not permitted"). I'm sure it's user error, but I personally don't have time to learn yet another technology (docker). With that said, I recently installed and configured nginx + php7-fpm + mariadb myself and have installed the beta version of mailwizz onto that so I can personally with what knowledge I already have, manage the system much more effectively (I wouldnt need phpmyadmin, but even installing that is much easier; the same as using mysql via terminal) without having to use the dockerized nightmare (I'm sure it's only a nightmare due to my lack of knowledge on the product). Anyway, I will try and figure this out as is, because I personally don't want to have to go check the DNS records for 100+ domains trying to discern which subdomains were created for tracking domains, and then input each one by one into the new installation. Good times :) Thanks again for the response!

@idedicated - I feel your pain related to docker, when you start using it is almost really bad, but it gets great over the time when you get used to it.
See what you can come up with, maybe in future release we can implement an importer/exporter for tracking/sending domains ;)

Back