IMPORTANT: Features Suggestion for Mailwizz | 01st February 2016

Osjtya

MailWizz 2.0 Tester
@twisted1919, Thanks for all the support & service. Just for your convenience I grouped all required or important request together. You must have the listed features & improvements in your next Mailwizz release. ;)

IMPROVEMENTS:
1) Registration:
- Choose package at the time of customer registration
- Enter Phone or Mobile No at the time of customer registration mandatory​
2) Customer Quota check before sending campaign
3) SPAM Score, but with details - words, etc.
4) Import, as it shows error "Not Found"
5) Search Facility
- Backend:
For all field in Delivery & Bounce Logs​
- Frontend:
In Delivery Report for Email Id, as for Status it's already there.​
6) MailWizz own Drag & Drop builder, because as a user I will never purchase third party solution.
7) Allow "Available Tags" to be used in the Reply To field so that different email addresses can be specified based on the subscriber it's being sent to. - @Mike Darling
8) Fancy sending to multiple lists (without creating a new merged list) - @Tantan
NEW FEATURES:
  • Add/Deduct Email Credits in Customer Account without changing Group
  • Customer notifications based on quota/email balance - 50%, 10% and 0%, something like Interspire.
  • Social Share Email
  • A/B Split Test
  • Multiple Customer access to one list/campaign (not only with sub accounts)
  • Sub Accounts
  • Admin access to all Lists
  • End User Blacklist Removal Request
  • Filter subscriber who is not open campaign
  • Unsubscribe via email reply
  • Custom fields
  • Logs deletion after 30 days or custom date set by admin automatically.
  • Admin can restrict certain customers to view reports or export reports in campaign overview. - @Syed
  • Admin can restrict subscribers view/details for certain customers. - @Syed
  • Bulk-unsubscribe users via CSV - @bidorbuy
  • Bounce Processing directly via PMTA Log files or WebAPIs - @pradeep sharma
  • Stats of Mailbox Provider - Track the performance of your messages at Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail. Something like SendGrid.
  • Stats of Device - Find out what your recipients are using to engage with your email.
  • Click Mapping in reports of the campaign - @Syed
  • FBL Report Separately
  • Groups of Lists - @Diego
  • Basic Stats at the List of Campaigns - @Diego
  • Add Web API for sendinblue.com - @Martino Hugo

EXTENTIONS:
  • 2-Factor Verification - @Ankit

EXTRA FEATURES:
  • Filtering top performers (clicks/opens) per list or across all lists. - @VVT
  • Much detailed subscriber status (Confirmed, Unconfirmed, Bounced, FBL reported, Blacklisted) - @VVT
  • Removing global blacklist. Instead, bounce flagging should be customer level (No ESPs keep bounce history for individual customers globally I guess - no need to keep a separate list of bounces and waste space/processing power unnecessarily, instead the checks can be done against bounced ids in the lists owned by the same customer if needed. It's the responsibility of end customer to maintain teh cleanliness of the list). Then add a global and customer level suppression list (csv upload) + regex based global blacklisting. - @VVT
  • An intelligent reputation monitoring system. It should consider bounces, unsubscribes, fbl complaints, abuse reports via app, click rate, open rate. Ex - global acceptable bounce rate is <3-5% and fbl is <1-3% . And list the abusers in ascending/descending order - this is helpful to find out the rotten one from a bucket of good tomatoes ! - @VVT
  • A survey or a paid survey integration. - @VVT

LAST UPDATED ON 02ND MARCH 2016 FOR @twisted1919 :)

Last edited:
please add one more feature:
Admin can ristric certain customers to view reports or export reports in campaign over view.
Admin can restrict subscriber vie for the certain customers.
(this is good in case when admin uses their own list for certain customers as affiliate marketing so that his database is not leaked to all the customers)

Great suggestions... may I also add one more:

When creating campaigns, on the SETUP step allow "Available Tags" to be used in the Reply To field so that different email addresses can be specified based on the subscriber it's being sent to.

Thank you - love the system!

Hi twisted1919 i have a team 5 of PHP developers available if you need any help in this regard u can use my team for it they can handle any kind of development under your guidance.
It will help you in adding new features as well as it will benefit all of us over here.

Could you have a look at improving the Template thumbnail creation? That's not quite working.
I'm designing/building email templates for customers to use in MailWizz, but the thumbnail shows a crop from the centre (not the top, which would be preferred). On a recent newsletter template, the middle crop didn't even show the images. Looks terrible and nothing like the original html.

@nadworks - we are now using a canvas to generate the thumbnail, it's a html5 trick and it works. Problem is that you have to click on the template preview in order for the thumbnail to generate.
The alternative would be to install maybe phantomJS on server side to generate the thumbs automatically, but really, how many servers would have that installed?
P.S: If you place a screenshot.png image in your images folder of the template upon importing, mailwizz will use that as the thumbnail, otherwise it will just choose the largest image from the template till you generate one from the preview.

Contribution from my side (from an ESP stand point) -

1. Filtering top performers (clicks/opens) per list or across all lists.
2. Much detailed subscriber status (Confirmed, Unconfirmed, Bounced, FBL reported, Blacklisted)
3. Removing global blacklist. Instead, bounce flagging should be customer level (No ESPs keep bounce history for individual customers globally I guess - no need to keep a separate list of bounces and waste space/processing power unnecessarily, instead the checks can be done against bounced ids in the lists owned by the same customer if needed. It's the responsibility of end customer to maintain teh cleanliness of the list). Then add a global and customer level suppression list (csv upload) + regex based global blacklisting.
4. An intelligent reputation monitoring system. It should consider bounces, unsubscribes, fbl complaints, abuse reports via app, click rate, open rate. Ex - global acceptable bounce rate is <3-5% and fbl is <1-3% . And list the abusers in ascending/descending order - this is helpful to find out the rotten one from a bucket of good tomatoes !
5. A survey or a paid survey integration.

I just spit out whatever came out of my mouth :D . All are not priority, but would be good to consider.

Last edited:

-- Identifying Subscribers With Unopens in the Last 30, 60 Days etc (Suggestion)

A regular task in the EM niche is to "identify" subscribers who didn't open
emails in the last 2 or 3 months (the period doesn't matter) so you can then....

- Delete these subscribers (which cost you money)
- Send other kind of offers to try to re-engage.

Best Practice
What i've learned from this is that you need to consider the "subscription date"
for the formula.

For example:

> If you look for "unopeners" within the past 60 days....people who subscribed
yesterday (or 2 days ago) will also appear as "unopeners".

Best Formula (Applied by Most Email Marketers):

> You set a date (example 60 days ago).
> You find subscribers who
---- Have been added before that date and....
---- Who didn't open emails since that date.

<------------ Added Before / x Date in the Past (Ex: 60 Days Ago) / --------> No Opens Since

This way you don't treat new subscribers as unopeners.

Last edited:
And 1 cent from me to suggestion box.
I would like to see in MW RSS to Email function. It should work in a way as such in MailChimp or GetResponse. When the RSS feed appears in the new content, MW captures the content and sends it automatically. The current implementation of RSS Email unfortunately does not work that way.

Something like this.

Last edited:
Not a priority but may help: "Groups of Lists"

For example: If you have many products & updates lists, you could make group of lists for "Product Updates",
and separate those lists from others.

Here's another one...

Provide some basic stats when you see the list of campaigns.

Here's a snapshot of my list of campaigns at Aweber, which can help for some ideas..

mwsuggestion-campaignslist.png

Here i can quickly see at a glance...

- The Name of each campaign
- The Numer of Recipients
- The Number of Opens
- The Number of Clicks.
- The Number of Bounces.
- The Number of Complaints.

(I would add the number of unsubscribes)

By having this quick info, you save lot of time as you can
see the performance of all of your campaigns (and even study
/ clone those campaigns that got better results than others),
without having to get into each campaign.

- Comment: If this would take lots of resources (don't know), you could do it with the last
10 campaigns or so (for example) and then you could see the rest as you see them
right now ---

Thanks,

Diego.

Last edited:
Hello, please add the ability to add the symbols in Header value <> :? in delivery server - additional headers.
And when you add headers List-unsubscribe, and X-Report-abuse, you have to put ":", otherwise they will not be added
In the header of the emails get X-Report-Abuse:: (2- "::")

Last edited:
Another feature request, guess is simple but really helpful for someone who analyses data on monthly basis or wants to submit the consolidated results to higher management.

* Ability to export multiple campaign statistics at once, covering all basic stats. An "export" option on the below dropdown will come handy ;)

upload_2016-5-4_11-3-41.png

Back