Import from CSV system fields

Manovra76

Hi,
I do not understand how to import the system fields through CSV files (eg add Date, IP address, Status)

Thank you

Attachments

• FireShot Screen Capture #201 .png
    FireShot Screen Capture #201 .png
    12.4 KB · Views: 13
[EDIT]

Hello, I used the same exported file csv, but created the double fields, has not set the value in fields that already existed.

EMAIL FNAME LNAME BDAY COMUNE PROV CAP STATO SEX SOURCE IP_ADDRESS DATE_ADDED
utente3-at-spaziocommerciale.com Nome utente3 Cognome utente3 1976-02-17 Milano MI 20142 IT uomo api 93.146.142.33 2017-01-10 15:18:22

Attachments

• FireShot Screen Capture-esport.png
    FireShot Screen Capture-esport.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
few fields, such as date added and ip address, are added by mailwizz automatically, so your csv file doesn't have to have them, so you can safely remove those custom fields.

but I need to also import unsubscribed users. What if I can not set the value of "status" field in "Unsubscribed" in CSV files?

but I need to also import unsubscribed users. What if I can not set the value of "status" field in "Unsubscribed" in CSV files?
You could create a new list, import the unsubscribers there, then set their status to unsubscribed, then take list actions as you need.

few fields, such as date added and ip address, are added by mailwizz automatically, so your csv file doesn't have to have them, so you can safely remove those custom fields.
But what if we want to add the IP address into the CSV file so we can transfer that data over from a different ESP? I tried adding into my CSV file but it looks like it actually creates a new field and doesn't actually add the data to the already created field that MW automatically creates.

The way I did what you want is:
  • I uploaded all subscribers
  • Created a seperate CSV file that was only the unsubuscribes
  • THen used "bulk action from source" to unsubscribe all the unsubscribe

But what if we want to add the IP address into the CSV file so we can transfer that data over from a different ESP? I tried adding into my CSV file but it looks like it actually creates a new field and doesn't actually add the data to the already created field that MW automatically creates
That is correct. You can have your old ip address as reference, mailwizz uses it's own mechanism to record the ip/date and it's independent of what you import ;)

That is correct. You can have your old ip address as reference, mailwizz uses it's own mechanism to record the ip/date and it's independent of what you import ;)
Definitely a good security feature to protect from abuse by customers.
How about responsible admins that want to import and not have unnecessary IP fields?

Thanks. One thing to think about, would be allowing users to import the values. It would be great for me to be able to import this data. I don't want to have IP address in 2 different fields. And being able to keep track of subscribe date that I have would be good as well, rather than just using the date that MW chooses (which is probably the date of the upload). For me it's not a huge deal, but it could be helpful.

history of subscriber actions when they edit their profile so that we can keep track of these things
That would definitely be good, and perhaps it could be in an extra table, so that it does not have to be dragged around all the time ;)
Ideally also have each list in its own table, and not all subscribers of all lists in one...this should make things faster too!

I am thinking to implement a history of subscriber actions when they edit their profile so that we can keep track of these things.
Just my 2 cents on this, that would not be as beneficial. For me, if a subscriber changed their profile, I don't care what it was previously. Again, that is just me (maybe others have a use for it).

In case what I was saying above was misunderstood, what would be great, is being able to upload a file with IP address and date subscribed without creating a new field. I would rather it just upload into the MW field that is already created. That way I don't have 2 IP fields.

@corey34 - that makes sense too, we're handling the email column differently and we can do the same for ip/date added.
I have few other things on my plate atm, but i will look into this when i get a chance, might take a while :-s

Back