Import email list as confirmed without adding a column STATUS confirmed

Dinaras

Hello,
I would please like to ask 2 questions,

Is it possible to import a csv with just emails as confirmed subscribers? the only way i have found to do this is by adding a new column status and put the text confirmed and then import.

We just import lists and send campaigns, contacts are harvested and verified in another system. Always afraid not to send optin email to new subscribers. In which case optin email is sent to imported subscribers?
Thank you for your help
Konstantinos

Hello,
I would please like to ask 2 questions,

Is it possible to import a csv with just emails as confirmed subscribers? the only way i have found to do this is by adding a new column status and put the text confirmed and then import.

We just import lists and send campaigns, contacts are harvested and verified in another system. Always afraid not to send optin email to new subscribers. In which case optin email is sent to imported subscribers?
Thank you for your help
Konstantinos
If you import subscribers using Tools > Import then subscribers will be added in your list as confirmed, subscribers which subscribe in your list using subscribe form will receive confirmation email only if in list update > Opt in is set to Double-Opt-in

Thank you for your reply, this is how i did it and my list showed 0/xx subscribers. When i added the confrmed status column i only got xx/xx subscribers. This is why i did the ticket

Thank you for your reply, this is how i did it and my list showed 0/xx subscribers. When i added the confrmed status column i only got xx/xx subscribers. This is why i did the ticket
This is happen when you have subscribers in list with a different status and you try to import a list and in this list exists the same email address, in this case the status will not be changed if in file don't exist a column with status to update subscriber.

Can you confirm that this is happens and for the new subscribers (are not present in your list) the status after import is another that confirmed?

in my test, i imported a fresh list first time in the system and got imported as 0/xxxx
Then i copied this list and import again but added the status column as confirmed. When import finished all subscribers were confirmed and list showed xxxx/xxxx
This is exactly how it happened. I used background import, list was about 45k

Back