Import email issue with special characters

Niko

The system does not accept email addressess with character "&". At the moment it is not possibile to import these addressess in any list, nor in the blacklist.

Another problem: the user blacklist does not accept csv files with semicolon ( ; ), but only with comma separated values ( , ). Is it possible to address this?

1. I didn't see any email address containing the & sign in it. I know it is valid, but i haven't seen one.
2. This has been corrected now, next version will detect the csv delimiter.

1. I have file of 500 subscribers containing "&". Pls you can explne me where I can fix that? Or i need to wait ur next update? Thx.

2. Thx a lot

Many ESPs do not allow the creation of email address containing special characters except dash, underscore, and dot. That is to avoid many parsing/processing problems later-on in the whole email space (e.g. "&" is reserved for the "mailto:" protocol to add terms in subject). Yet, RFCs allow many more characters for email addresses...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2049502/what-characters-are-allowed-in-email-address
The local-part of the e-mail address may use any of these ASCII characters:
  • Uppercase and lowercase English letters (a-z, A-Z)
  • Digits 0 to 9
  • Characters ! # $ % & ' * + - / = ? ^ _ ` { | } ~
  • Character . (dot, period, full stop) provided that it is not the first or last character, and provided also that it does not appear two or more times consecutively.

this might be interesting for some, a very nice effort analyzing which characters work
https://www.jochentopf.com/email/chars.html

@Niko
which email provider(s) allow an "&" in the email address?
(gmail only allows alphanumeric and period)

Last edited:
@frm.mwz - thanks for the diligent work you did with this :)
@Niko - the email parsers in the application simply don't allow the & sign, accepting them would require a terrible amount of work and it does not worth the trouble as it's really a bad idea to accept emails with the & sign in the local part. (any special character matter a fact)

I see mwizz accept already this type of email with &
mwizz take that email address only if contains after & or a 0 or 1 number or char
so mail&1@gmail is accepted mail&12@gmail is not acceppted

I see mwizz accept already this type of email with &
mwizz take that email address only if contains after & or a 0 or 1 number or char
so mail&1@gmail is accepted mail&12@gmail is not acceppted

how did you create the
mail&1@gmail
?

Attachments

• Firefox_Screenshot_2016-06-13T18-36-29.993Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2016-06-13T18-36-29.993Z.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 7
if u want i share u in private a list of 500 emails with & all emails are of company domain
but i found a way for import that type of email addresses: just replace & with &
that works only in list in blacklist is not recognized

if u want i share u in private a list of 500 emails with & all emails are of company domain
but i found a way for import that type of email addresses: just replace & with &
that works only in list in blacklist is not recognized

now it becomes clear, it was not gmail, was already wondering what trick i missed ;)

yeah, the "&" is the way to replace the trouble making "&" also in sql, js, xml

not sure why that would not work in blacklist... @twisted1919 any ideas?

Back