Import Customer List - Create custom fields for Customers

SuperRadDM

Hi, we're moving from an internal mail system over to Mail Wizz, and i have a list of 100 customers i need to get into the system.

And I mean customers as in they each have their own login to access MailWizz, not subscribers.

Problem is the list of customers have an existing Customer ID that relates back to other systems we use.

So i have 2 questions.

1. Can I import customers en masse?
2. Can I add additional fields to the customers, so I can add this Customer ID, and any other additional data i may need to score against the customer.

Again to repeat, i'm talking about Customers, not subscribers.

Many thanks,

J.

1. Can I import customers en masse?
2. Can I add additional fields to the customers, so I can add this Customer ID, and any other additional data i may need to score against the customer.
Sorry but this is not possible, the only way to add customers is to create on by one.

And if i was to import into the database of users directly would that work? Or would that result in some missing connections?

And if i was to import into the database of users directly would that work?
Most likely not because we use different table columns, different hashing for passwords, etc.
you can write an importer though, which takes data from your old database, and adds it as mailwizz data in mailwizz's database, and in the process normalize the columns from both tables to match mailwizz's ones.
As for adding new columns in mailwizz's database, that's possible, sure, just add them with a prefix so they don't collide with future columns.

Back