I want to run Mailwizz a little different, but I need some experienced help.

TheRealRazzy

Hey guys and gals!

I purchased the extended license of Mailwizz so I could run it as a SAAS.

I wanted to run it in a way where my users are required to link their own SMTPs, but could there be a problem with that?

I was looking through a lot of SMTP providers and it looks like most of them offer mailing software/services.

Would I still be able to pull in clients, get them to sign up, and not lose them to a 3rd party SMTP provider when they go to setup then link their servers to my mailing software?

Thanks in advance :)

- Thomas

Amazon SES is one big reason for why people would like to use your service, it's just very cheap.
Same goes for their own smtp servers offered by their hosting companies, it's true, they are limited, but free, and people like free stuff :)

Amazon SES is one big reason for why people would like to use your service, it's just very cheap.
Same goes for their own smtp servers offered by their hosting companies, it's true, they are limited, but free, and people like free stuff :)

Hey Twisted,

Thanks for the response :)

I was thinking of targeting SES users but I wasn't sure who else would be interested in something like I want to do.

I know that setting up my own servers and letting my users run their email campaigns through my stuff would open up a lot more options, but I'm worried about the spam complaints and SMTP providers shutting down my access if I get too many complaints.

Do you have any thoughts on that?

Thanks,
Thomas

Last edited:
Well, you're right to be concerned, when you run your own servers and you let people send from them, then of course, all it takes is a bad customer to ruin it for all. That does not mean it's impossible to do so. You can have several SMTP server pools and assign your customers to them depending on various criteria, this way you move customers to better pools depending on their sending habits. But still, this needs a lot of monitoring, knowledge about how smtp works, etc, so if you're not ready to do it, having your customers come with their own delivery server is the natural move. Just make sure you always monitor what your customers do, you don't want one bad customer to cause issues for all others.

Hey Twisted,

Thanks for the response.

That's what I'm worried about. With my limited knowledge when it comes to Email Marketing setup, I'm worried I'll miss something, and it will put the rest of my customers at risk.

For now I'll have them link their own servers and focus on what I'm good at, Marketing :D

Thanks again!

- Thomas

Back