I can not log in to the admin

Thodoris

Hi, I had a couple of months to use MAILWIZZ and today I tried to login and the login failed several times. I asked to reset the password, though it seems like my email does not exists. Finally it seems to be blocked my entrance completely and now when I am trying to visit the login page I get the message "Error 403! Your access to this resource is forbidden."

I can login as a customer, though I can not login as an administrator.

I am not sure if the problem is about the validation of the server. I can see that I had received an email with a confirmation key for the server after an update that I did on February, though the link doesn't seem to work as it asks me to login to the admin... and as I said I can not login to admin...

Any help will be appreciated,

Thank you

Last edited:
Hey,

Mailwizz will block you if you try to login multiple times and fail, that is to protect against brute force attacks.
You can login into phpmyadmin and empty the guest_fail_attempt table then try to reset your password and login again ;)

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply, though it didn't work for me...
I did as you described but after submitting the form to reset my password I didn't received any email...

I tried to find my password in phpmyadmin under mw_user or mw_user_password_reset but I couldn't find a way to work around it...

Is there a way to reset it through another way?

Last edited:
Hi, of course,

This hash: $P$GUih7JEhAQa6lSWZlpM6qI0UZjYy3R0 is the hash for the password: 1234567890

Use phpmyadmin and edit your user(mw_user table) and add that password hash then login with 1234567890

After login, just change your password.

Thanks.

This hash: $P$GUih7JEhAQa6lSWZlpM6qI0UZjYy3R0 is the hash for the password: 1234567890

Use phpmyadmin and edit your user(mw_user table) and add that password hash then login with 1234567890

I tried this step, but not able to resolve the issue, Please suggest alternative option or the above process in detail

@twisted1919 - I set password from PhpMyadmin, in mw_user table but its not working for me. please find attached file for ref.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.9 KB · Views: 26
Are you sure you have set it for the right user? And when you try to login are you sure you use the email address for which you have set the password?

I am having the same issue with the admin login. Everything was working fine, I had set up the servers input the lists, took a break came back in a few hours and now I cannot access the back-end section of the product.

I can still access the customer area just cannot access the admin section. I have walked through and tried to reset the password, it does not send me anything in email. I have tried to go into the tables and input a new password but I DO NOT have an mw_user table in my database.

I have changed the password in the customer table but that has no effect, this is getting frustrating.

How can I correct this. This product cost too much not to work, I need it working.

@Mike001 - What do you mean you don't have the mw_user table? That is a standard table in the application. Are you sure the left side of phpmyadmin isn't splitted into multiple pages and the mw_user table is on a second page?
The login itself has no way to break itself without any intervention, something has happened for sure.

I can't believe that I did not notice that there were two groups in the phpMyAdmin area. You are correct there are two different sections to the tables in phpMyAdmin and I did not notice that. There are a lot of tables with this app.....

I have gotten the login for the Admin to work based on your suggestion on the password reset above.

Thank you for that.

Is there are reason the password reset did not send the email?

What encryption is used for this (as md5 or sha1 do not get the same result)?
Sometimes you may want to put in new pwds for DS and then it would be nice it they would not stay plain.

Back