i am allowed to send max 500 emails per hour

renko

that is what my host told me.....
how to set that the best?
Should I go under each email....and just send the cap there?
or should i set it under cron? Anc choose send 8 emails every minute?

You can limit it in the delivery server setting if you have only one delivery server. You can put an hourly limit, daily limit, and time between messages (say 8 seconds, or 8000000 micro seconds).

Don't forget to include any emails your website may be sending. 8 emails a minute is very close to 500 per hour.

Since it looks like shared hosting make sure you don't get spam complaints. Depending what you are paying, you could get a VPS with CPanel at Contabo for $20 a month if you know how to run a server, or learn it as you go. Then your limits are removed.

yes I have only one delivery server. But I am confused with cron....if i set it to run every 15 minutes....how will it send 8 emails per minutes if it triggers every 15 minutes.....will this work.....too bad there is not a general cap per hour.......like there is in interspire.......
now I am confised with pause, time between messages etc......

How many sites can I put on that price plan @contabo? Can I put like 10 WP site and 2 Drupal?
20 usd per month with cpanel looks very cheap...I think too cheap

I think you should set cron to run every minute, and then put limitations in the delivery server settings. If the server has crossed the limit, nothing will be sent even if the cron runs.

The delay between sending is so you don't open too many connections with a domain in a short span. Its not necessary but why not give a gap if the same number of mails get sent per hour. Its better to send the 500 emails slowly over the hour, rather than within the first 1 minute.

The general cap per hour will work if the cron is running every minute.

Depending on the traffic you could put many sites on one VPS, probably many more than 10.

In summary, I would

1) set cron to run every minute

2) in the delivery server settings, set an hourly quota of 450 (to give some gap in case your websites send mail)

3) in the delivery server settings, give a delay between sending of 8000000 (8 seconds).

that is what my host told me.....
how to set that the best?
Should I go under each email....and just send the cap there?
or should i set it under cron? Anc choose send 8 emails every minute?
Your "host" should have nothing to do with your sending per hour if you use the different SMTP services that you can connect to with your MailWizz EMA.

Andy

for now I use phpmailer.....the email that is hosted with my shared host.....maybe I will switch to amazon soon...i dont know yet....

I dont know what I am doing wrong.....I added server.....chose smtp to send from email from my domain on shared hosting....

I get this error after trying to validate the server

• Cannot send the confirmation email using the data you provided.
  • Here is a transcript of the error message:
  • Connection to tcp://mail.tosis.com:143 Timed Out
    Log data:
    ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
    !! Connection to tcp://mail.tosis.com:143 Timed Out (code: 0)

@renko - 143 isn't really a smtp port, most common smtp ports are 25, 2525, 465, 587
Best is to ask your smtp provider for the real information.

Port 143 is the non-SSL IMAP port used by cpanel servers. You need to connect to the SMTP port, which is 587 for non-SSL or 465 for SSL.

Back