HTML in Campaign tags

corey34

Has anyone modified MW so that HTML can be saved in a campaign tag? Just wondering if it's a complicated process or something fairly simple.

I have a case where I use the same section in every (~ 30) autoresponder and need to change it frequently. If I could change it just one time and update automatically in all those emails, that would be a huge time saver. Campaign tags would be perfect for this but it only takes text right now.

Thanks

@corey34 - you can, at any time, register new tags programatically and use them in campaigns, i.e:
PHP:
Yii::app()->hooks->addFilter('campaigns_get_common_tags_search_replace', function($tags,
$campaign, $subscriber, $server
){
    $tags['[MY_CUSTOM_TAG_HERE]'] = '<b>This contains static html....</b>';
    return $tags;
});

Would doing it this way make this tag available for all customers then?
Yes, this makes the tag globally available for anyone. However, the tag won't appear anywhere, so you would have to know it before you'd use it.

would want customers to easily be able to create/maage their own.
Try the Campaign Custom Tags feature from Customer > Campaigns menu.

Yes, this makes the tag globally available for anyone. However, the tag won't appear anywhere, so you would have to know it before you'd use it.
OK, that would work for part of what I want (my use only) but my customers would never be able to edit theirs.

Try the Campaign Custom Tags feature from Customer > Campaigns menu.
This works great for non-HTML but I'm trying to use HTML.

Back