How would you...

Michael Wilding

...move a mailwizz installation with a million addresses (and a lot of custom fields) to a clean installation, whilst still being able to send emails through the API and minimizing downtime to an hour or less"?

Maybe doing database replication?
Setup the new server, then set the database to replicate from the old server to the new server and then they will be in sync. And when they are, you just drop the old database server.
It's just a theory, i never did it...

Good thought, but then the database wouldn't be clean :( I think there's database corruption in one of the databases which is why I am considering the route of moving.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. There are thousands of customers who receive time-sensitive information through the mailer that they pay for, so it can't stop sending. Tests indicate it can take 48 hours to restore their database, so I assume it would be similar to re-import all lists (if there is even a way to do this). During that time we have to keep sending emails, which means there will be unsubscribes, blacklisted etc... that will also need to be copied over.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. There are thousands of customers who receive time-sensitive information through the mailer that they pay for, so it can't stop sending. Tests indicate it can take 48 hours to restore their database, so I assume it would be similar to re-import all lists (if there is even a way to do this). During that time we have to keep sending emails, which means there will be unsubscribes, blacklisted etc... that will also need to be copied over.
This can be done in general, there are various approaches, depending on specific circumstances, pls PM me, it is a custom project.

Back