how to upgrade from 1.3.6.0 to 1.3.6.5

emailwrks

Hey,

I had originally tried to upgrade from 1.3.6.0 to 1.3.6.2, but that didnt work in the web interface and consequently screwed up the update.

So i rolled back to 1.3.6.0.

Now trying to update to 1.3.6.5 from 1.3.6.0, i cannot seem to do, mailwizz is trying to update from version 1.3.6.2, and of course cannot find the new SQL tables that came with 1.3.6.2

any suggestions on how i upgrade? Would be most welcome

Hey,

I had originally tried to upgrade from 1.3.6.0 to 1.3.6.2, but that didnt work in the web interface and consequently screwed up the update.

So i rolled back to 1.3.6.0.

Now trying to update to 1.3.6.5 from 1.3.6.0, i cannot seem to do, mailwizz is trying to update from version 1.3.6.2, and of course cannot find the new SQL tables that came with 1.3.6.2

any suggestions on how i upgrade? Would be most welcome

if u can, go back totally to your backup of 1.3.6.0 and then do a cli update to 1.3.6.2
then check if 1.3.6.2 runs ok
then do a cli update to 1.3.6.5

sadly its not that simple, when i tried the original update from 1.3.6.0 to 1.3.6.2, and then reverted. I can no longer do an update just to 1.3.6.2. There is no update prompt, just reloads the index page to say im due an update to 1.3.6.5.

besides when updating from 1.3.6.0 to 1.3.6.5, Mailwizz for some reason automatically assumes im at 1.3.6.2 to begin with in the update screen

confusing isnt it.. :|

Last edited:
@emailwrks - did you try to copy the 1.3.6.5 version files (from update folder) over your existing files, and then run the update from cli?
The update/upgrade process has absolutely no issue as long as the update instructions are followed.

Hey yes I did, but what happened was I got error messages saying certain fields were missing, because of my original botched update from 1360 to 1362.

I'm thinking the only way to fix this is to go through the missing fields one by one for the update.. Really hoping this isn't the case though, as that's a lot of time to map every table and row.

@twisted1919 If I have database columns missing when trying to update and it is erroring on them.

If I delete reference to them in the sql update file and try update again from command line, will the update process look at replacing them? Even though they were part of a previous update version?

Edit : think I need to take the database version back a stage or something, as from 1360 to 1362 I cannot run the update script at all which is the start of the problems. Columns are missing :(

Last edited:
sadly its not that simple, when i tried the original update from 1.3.6.0 to 1.3.6.2, and then reverted. I can no longer do an update just to 1.3.6.2. There is no update prompt, just reloads the index page to say im due an update to 1.3.6.5.

besides when updating from 1.3.6.0 to 1.3.6.5, Mailwizz for some reason automatically assumes im at 1.3.6.2 to begin with in the update screen

confusing isnt it.. :|

if u have a bak of the old dbf, it can be done, just as described

yeah unfortunately i dont have an old backup :oops:, i've only just gotten the backup manager now. And its going to 500 internal server error lol.

so trying to shed some db size at the moment

yeah unfortunately i dont have an old backup :oops:, i've only just gotten the backup manager now. And its going to 500 internal server error lol.

so trying to shed some db size at the moment

when doing a cli dump w mysqldump it should save min (redundancy free)
afterward u can reimport the small dbf

I push Ctr F5 and get in the same place
Untitled-2.jpg

@Dmitriy - you didn't copied the files properly or you copied wrong files. If you copy the correct files and they override your existing ones from the server then the update is going to work just fine.
@frm.mwz - this doesn't have anything to do with the command line upgrader, basically in his case, the app doesn't even detect that it has to run an update because the reasons above ;)

I used Total Commander to copy files from a folder update on hosting. Visually, the files in the folder indentichny update installed on the hosting, so there was up to the complete replacement of files. Do I need now for a new Installed meilwizz? Or what should I take?

@Dmitriy - Can you look again in the apps/init.php file on your server and see what version it shows? If it doesn't show 1.3.6.5 then you didn't replaced the files properly... If it does show 1.3.6.5 then the web interface should take you to the update screen.

Back