How to tell if a subscriber is active?

Lakjin

I see two tables -- campaign_track_url and campaign_track_open. I assume if a user (a) clicks a URL in an email then it is recorded in campaign_track_url and (b) opens an email then it is recorded in campaign_track_open. I also see last_updated column in list_subscriber.

Is there any other way to tell if a subscriber is active (i.e. still responding to your emails)?

I see two tables -- campaign_track_url and campaign_track_open. I assume if a user (a) clicks a URL in an email then it is recorded in campaign_track_url and (b) opens an email then it is recorded in campaign_track_open. I also see last_updated column in list_subscriber.

Is there any other way to tell if a subscriber is active (i.e. still responding to your emails)?

(even though this may not be a technical, but more a marketing answer)
One good way to see if subscribers are deleting/filtering to unseen archive is to offer a nice bonus/gift/addon/etc from time to time (perhaps no more than once a month and no less than once a year). If they react to it, then the above 3 tools help, otherwise, none will...but even so, long-term inactivity does not mean they do not wake up again at some point ;)

Last edited:
(even though this may not be a technical, but more a marketing answer)
One good way to see if subscribers are deleting/filtering to unseen archive is to offer a nice bonus/gift/addon/etc from time to time (perhaps no more than once a month and no less than once a year). If they react to it, then the above 3 tools help, otherwise, none will...but even so, long-term inactivity does not mean they do not wake up again at some point ;)
We do something like that :)

Back