How to Manage Mailiwizz Licence If Application instances are Running Behind a Load Balancer

pradeep sharma

Hi @twisted1919

I'm curious about how to manage Mailwizz licenses when the application is deployed behind load balancers, particularly when there are multiple application instances operating either behind a single public IP or multiple public IPs.

From what I understand, Mailwizz may disable a license if the IP doesn't match the one registered in the Mailwizz license database. Could you provide some guidance on how to effectively handle this scenario?

Regards,

Pradeep

As for as i know about it, mailwizz disables licence if it does it dont match the IP in Mailwizz license database.
That's correct.

is behind a Load Balancers Where Multiple application instances are running behind a 1 Public IP or behind Multiple Public IPs.
Your app will be blocked if you install and/or setup the app using a certain IP address and then you make the daily checks from other IP addresses. The only way to go about this is to contact us with proof that you have licenses for all your IPs and then we will connect all those licenses with all your IPs to avoid blocking you further.

That's correct.

Your app will be blocked if you install and/or setup the app using a certain IP address and then you make the daily checks from other IP addresses. The only way to go about this is to contact us with proof that you have licenses for all your IPs and then we will connect all those licenses with all your IPs to avoid blocking you further.

So if App in behind a 1 Public IP then i guess its not an issue. But if its behind the many IPs then its a problem because all App instances will give different IPs.

It is, because the checks are done from each instance which is already behind the LB and uses its own IP to connect to our servers.
i Guess if the Application in behind a Load balancer(1 Public IPs) and many private IP for Mailwizz instances in this case i should work as each instance will get same IP of the Load balancer.

So if any Mailwizz instance get a different IP then IP mentioned on the Mailwizz license log will be disabled!!, so You check the IPs of the request received from the Mailwizz instance to your license verification server and then validate it

in this case i should work as each instance will get same IP of the Load balancer.
This is not how load balancing works. Instances behind a load balancer keep their assigned IP address and they generally have a public and a private IP address. When they reach out to an external site, they use their own IP, they have no connection with the load balancer anymore.

This is not how load balancing works. Instances behind a load balancer keep their assigned IP address and they generally have a public and a private IP address. When they reach out to an external site, they use their own IP, they have no connection with the load balancer anymore.
Yeah
So the answer is either we buy a separate license for each instance
or
We tell you the scenario and with proof that this is running as part of load balancing so that you can allow verification on these IPs as well.

Regards

Pradeep

Back