How to insert merge tag?

Lakjin

Elastic Email requires {unsubscribe} merge tag. We can do this: {unsubscribe:http://to-unsub-link.com}. In apps/common/components/helpers/CampaignHelper.php I've put this:
if ($server->type == 'elasticemail-web-api') {$unsubscribeUrl = '{unsubscribe:'.$unsubscribeUrl.'}';} right before $searchReplace['[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]'] = $unsubscribeUrl;

This works when sending a test email within campaign setup but does not seem to work when sending an actual campaign. Any tips?

thanks!

@Lakjin - You can use conditions in th emails/email footers but we don't make the delivery server type available there. let me find a way to inject this automatically.

Meanwhile, you can simply put that tag in your email footers but simply put it in a hidden div and include the regular [UNSUBSCRIBE_URL] as well, but not in a hidden div.

Meanwhile, you can simply put that tag in your email footers but simply put it in a hidden div and include the regular [UNSUBSCRIBE_URL] as well, but not in a hidden div.
I thought about doing that, but i'd prefer to just insert the merge tag. While you figure out how to bake this into MailWizz, can you tell me how I can hack the code temporarily? Why does what I do only work for campaign preview emails and not campaigns themselves.

It should not. That function you are hacking is used everywhere, including by the send-campaigns command.
I think what is happening is, the HTML parser is pulling out the merge tag when sending campaigns but not when sending a preview. I've implemented your method of display:none; on a div; I'm hoping you will be able to add this natively in a MailWizz update. Also, anyway to designate a bounce server when using Elasitc Email API? They offer the ability to send bounces to an email, and I'l like to process them.

Also, anyway to designate a bounce server when using Elasitc Email API? They offer the ability to send bounces to an email, and I'l like to process them.
I think you can simply create a bounce server and add that email in EE. It should just work.

I think you can simply create a bounce server and add that email in EE. It should just work.
Oh, I thought Bounce Servers have to be associated with Delivery Servers. So simply creating a bounce server will tell MailWizz to start process bounces in it, even if I don't have it associated with a delivery server?

Oh, I thought Bounce Servers have to be associated with Delivery Servers. So simply creating a bounce server will tell MailWizz to start process bounces in it, even if I don't have it associated with a delivery server?
The only point why we need to do this association is so that we know what email to put in the ReturnPath header when sending through that DS.
Bounce processing itself does not depend on this association.

Back