How to add or update subscriber through form

Maybe something like this in .htaccess (didn't tested it) :
Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/lists\/([a-z0-9]{13})\/update\-profile\/([a-z0-9]{13})$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [F,L]

Thanks for the sample! I will try to do this! Thank you very much!!!)

Sorry to chime in here, but I'd like to understand:

If I wanted to let users update their subscription data, incl. email addresses and possibly the lists they subscribe to (which is good practice ahead of GDPR), how can I achieve that without opening the entire database up to be discoverable simply by making the unencrypted email address the UID?

@nadworks - i don't really understand what you mean.
Sorry if this wasn't clear: In my email footers, I want an option to "manage your preferences", taking the subscriber to a page hosted on our website (not the plain MW hosted page), allowing each user to edit/amend their name, email address and lists they are currently subscribed to (although I'll need to be able to use friendly names for these lists), in addition to setting other options (i.e. region etc.) which are columns in the table.

This link however cannot be generated by the email address of the user within the URL of course - to @ramts' point - so that other users can edit each other's settings.

Is this functionality already in existence and have I simply missed it somewhere?

@nadworks - you can use the [SUBSCRIBER_UID] tag to point the subscriber to one of your pages. Then using this you can call the API and get all the info about that subscriber.

Sorry if this wasn't clear: In my email footers, I want an option to "manage your preferences", taking the subscriber to a page hosted on our website (not the plain MW hosted page), allowing each user to edit/amend their name, email address and lists they are currently subscribed to (although I'll need to be able to use friendly names for these lists), in addition to setting other options (i.e. region etc.) which are columns in the table.

This link however cannot be generated by the email address of the user within the URL of course - to @ramts' point - so that other users can edit each other's settings.

Is this functionality already in existence and have I simply missed it somewhere?
There was a thread about this before where such options were created, just do a search.

Back