How many RAM does mailwhizz use ?

Dieter Jeanty

Hey Guys ,

I was wondering how many RAM and CPU mailwhizz uses.
is it quite recource hungry or is it pretty lightweight.
i need to send to 2000 emails.
i have a VPS with 2GB ram and 2CPUs
with already some websites on it .
I was thinking about installing it on a subdomain of my site.

Thanks
Kind regards
Dieter

Hello Dieter,

Resource utilization is depend on usage.

If you set to send 2000 email in 1 minute, then it utilize more resources. But you set 10 emails in a minute then use resource accordingly.

Mailwizz have ready SMTP providers API integrated, so you can use any of them also to send 2000 emails.

Sparkpost, Elastic are giving you free email also to send.

Hi !

Thanks for the info.
if i would use external smtp for example Mailgun or other smtp provider instead of my own smtp will this change anything regarding to resource usage?

Thanks
Moving my clients over from mailchimp to this and really like it.

Kind regards
Dieter

Maillgun API is available in MW.

So API will use resources as need and speed you have set.

Best way is you can run a small campaign and see how much resources it using and then apply it.

Hey Guys ,

I was wondering how many RAM and CPU mailwhizz uses.
is it quite recource hungry or is it pretty lightweight.
i need to send to 2000 emails.
i have a VPS with 2GB ram and 2CPUs
with already some websites on it .
I was thinking about installing it on a subdomain of my site.

Thanks
Kind regards
Dieter

mwz resource utilization depends heavily on list size, segmentation, dbf size, process #, campaign #, etc.
generally it is lightweight, but many overload it and wonder...then of course you need the hardware to support heavy usage.

2k can be sent in seconds, and even if slower, then in a minute or a few.

a VPS with 2GB ram and 2CPUs is a start and it will be ok to send at good speed, but no one can tell you exactly as it depends on many variables. once yur dbf grows and does not fit into ram anymore, it will get slower, so it might be wise to keep your options open to grow your vps as needed. for many processes you will need more CPUs (later perhaps).

ideally run mwz as the only app on your server (some even put the dbf onto an extra server).
of course, if you have a strong server, you can have a whole tracking and landing page bundle on it as well, but ideally even that is on a extra server (perhaps later).

sounds like you start step-by-step, which is actually really good, because it gives you some time to check everything out and see how it works, and then you feel at home and grow nicely ;)

if i would use external smtp for example Mailgun or other smtp provider instead of my own smtp will this change anything regarding to resource usage
it is almost always much better to use a third party smtp for sending than your own server as this way you outsource that part of the op and have not to care for it (which saves loads of time/resources)

your hunch that it will 'send faster' is 'true' as mwz will 'offload' the whole campaign into the third party delivery server (which then will send according to their policies/directives at good speeds that will respect the receiving limits, which your own server usually does not do)

Back