Hourly quota on delivery server not working

Joe

I have a delivery server setup through SendGrid web API with an hourly quota of 1000. I sent an email campaign and within 15 minutes the system sent 8000 emails. I've double checked that the delivery server is selected for that campaign correctly.

Any ideas?

Also, Mailwizz shows the campaign has sent a total of 9000 emails but the actual SendGrid stats dashboard shows only 5468 emails processed. Doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about things working correctly.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Hey,

That's pretty weird.
What mailwizz version are you currently using?
In settings, how many subscribers you have set to send at once ?

Also, Mailwizz shows the campaign has sent a total of 9000 emails but the actual SendGrid stats dashboard shows only 5468 emails processed. Doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about things working correctly.
This is because sendgrid updates the stats after they make the delivery from their queue, which might take a while.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using version 1.3.4.9

Under delivery settings (cron), I have it set to:
Campaigns at once: 1
Subscribers at once: 1000
Send at once: 500
Pause 3
Emails per minute: 0
Change server at: 200

Delivery Server is set to 1000 per hour.

I don't see any other settings that might be overriding the rate.

Okay, good info.

Is this the only server you have?
If you look into your database, using phpmyadmin, in the delivery_server_usage_log table, how many records you see there?
One more thing, in the application log from backend -> misc -> app log, anything related to mysql going away ?

Let me know.

There aren't any application log errors.
Delivery_server_usage_log table is huge ~695,208 total rows. I've been using MailWizz for several months, only now have I tried to use quotas with a new delivery server.

But something is definitely jacked up. I have 4 delivery servers but on this specific campaign, I selected ONLY the SendGrid Web API. However now I look at the send logs of the other servers and they are in-fact delivering batches of the campaign, even though they are not selected. It's not abiding by any sending rules - no quotas are being followed and all servers are being used.

I think this needs to be escalated up a bit.

I actually don't think the quota isn't followed, but i think the quota is reached and the customer is allowed to send from system servers, thus the other 3 servers are used.

If you are not using groups, from Backend -> Settings -> Customers -> Servers is "Can send from system servers " set to NO ?
If you are using groups, It's same tab in group config.

Let me know.
Sorry for these up and downs, trying to understand your issue.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I'm not using groups. So if I switch "Can send from system servers" to NO, then no emails will send? The customer doesn't have any delivery servers setup at that level. All delivery servers are "system" at this point.

So in Campaign Setup - The "Campaign delivery servers" aren't used for a customer if they are using system servers?
Thanks.

All delivery servers are "system" at this point.
Ah, okay, it makes sense.

So in Campaign Setup - The "Campaign delivery servers" aren't used for a customer if they are using system servers?
They are used if the customer is allowed to, but that's not the point now.

Looking in the code i see that campaign servers are used if they are available, otherwise it will fallback to whatever is available, group servers / customer server / system servers.
So using campaign servers is just a preference, but the fact that the campaign has to be delivered has priority and delivery continues when the server assigned to the campaign isn't available and there are other options available.
Does that makes sense to you?
Don't know exactly how to explain this better.

Yes, makes perfect sense. I need to move the SendGrid Web API server over from a system server to a customer server. Alternatively I guess I could just delete all other delivery servers, but I'd like to keep them as backup. Is it possible to disable a delivery server? I don't see that option.

I'll move the delivery server over to the customer side of the house and see how that works.

Thanks again for walking through this with me.

One last question... if I have the customer setup with a delivery server and a 1000 per hour quota on that. Will the campaign just automatically jump to the other system servers once that quota is hit? It seems like nothing will work as defined as long as there are system servers setup.

Back