Hello all.. Got bunch of questions!!

dante

Hello everyone..

Nice to meet to all of you! I just got mailwizz and am very much excited to setup servers and all, although i have never done it before, so need some help.

1.So I want to install it on a small server which won't be a delivery server, just to use for interface.

I am thinking of creating tons of small delivery servers smtp's and then add these to the main serer where i have installed mailwizz.

Also correct me where I am wrong, im just new to setting up servers and all.

2.How many smtp accounts can we add from a single source?
For example I want to add 2-3 accounts from elasticmail can I add?

my strategy is to build many smtps so as to increase deliverability and decrease the dependency on a single delivery server, so when one goes down i don't lose much mailing capacity.

My goal is to go 1M/day, i have solid data and want to make it work :)

3. Can anyone recommend server companies that allows bulk mailing on their server??

Thanks a lot guys in advance :)

@dante - installing mailwizz on a vps dedicated to it is pretty simple, we have this: https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/install-mailwizz-using-just-one-bash-command/ which will actually install the database server/the web server/php mailwizz and also setup everything for you, all in just one bash command, see the article.
I am thinking of creating tons of small delivery servers smtp's and then add these to the main serer where i have installed mailwizz.
You can use http://www.iredmail.org/ to setup a smtp server quickly. or more. quickly.
2.How many smtp accounts can we add from a single source?
Unlimited, really.
3. Can anyone recommend server companies that allows bulk mailing on their server??
Most of VPS providers allow mailing giving you don't abuse them.

Now, a few pointers, mailing is really a complex process, unlike say, blogging, where you add an article and people comment on it, mailing is really complicated, it requires some understanding on how things work so i advise you do some research about all of this, it's not hard and you can learn a lot very fast, you need to know things if you're getting into it.

Hi,

Thanks twisted for the answers, got them..

yes I am not new to mailing itself, been doing it for over a year, its just that i used to buy the mailing servers, log in and just blast the mail.
I have never been to this backend side of it so it wont be much hard i think for me :)

I contacted few providers and they said they don't allow mailing even if its 100% complaint.. so i always ask before i get a server with them.

Hi,

Thanks twisted for the answers, got them..

yes I am not new to mailing itself, been doing it for over a year, its just that i used to buy the mailing servers, log in and just blast the mail.
I have never been to this backend side of it so it wont be much hard i think for me :)

I contacted few providers and they said they don't allow mailing even if its 100% complaint.. so i always ask before i get a server with them.
Try RackSpace, as long as you(r emails) comply to their rules (see website) you can email at your heart's content ;)

Cant see Rackspace pricing..

Won't be hard to find the hosts that allows bulk mailing..

another question is.

When i am mailing large volumes do i need to upgrade the server where mailwizz is installed or just the deliver servers?

When i am mailing large volumes do i need to upgrade the server where mailwizz is installed or just the deliver servers?
You need a decent server for mailwizz too. If you email 1M at once at just 10K out of those people start opening and clicking the newsletters, you got your server hammered big time, so you need a decent server too.
Also, storing clicks/opens/etc means that the database will increase in size. Searching data in big databases requires resources.
So yeah, you need a decent mailwizz server too, but start small with a cloud provider so that you can easily add more resources as needed.

You need a decent server for mailwizz too. If you email 1M at once at just 10K out of those people start opening and clicking the newsletters, you got your server hammered big time, so you need a decent server too.
Also, storing clicks/opens/etc means that the database will increase in size. Searching data in big databases requires resources.
So yeah, you need a decent mailwizz server too, but start small with a cloud provider so that you can easily add more resources as needed.

Got it makes sense
thankss

Back