having an issue with autoresponders

emailwrks

hey,

so i am having an issue with all of my 25 autoresponders going out, some of them don't for instance.

I have my Campaigns at once set to 70

and my Campaigns in parallel set to 30, Subscriber batches in parallel set to 27.

i have turned off PCNTL for now, as i think that was causing an issue whereby my campaigns would show a 'resume sending' button, even with the settings above.

Can someone let me know of the exact relationship between PCTNL and having quite a few autoresponders set to go. And whether any special settings are needed to use PCTNL and autoresponder emails.

thanks

thanks - that helps confirm the logic i already knew, but from campaign/subscriber calculations. This should not be preventing my campaigns from going out.

But something is stopping the odd autoresponder from going out or not. This was the only issue i could think of that affects it.

I have more than enough memory/server specs to allow to a high number of campaigns to be set.

how does parallel sending look at autoresponders, as constantly active campaigns? Therefore, if a new campaign has to fight for cron time to run, what will happen to any other previous autoresponder, could it just shut down until someone clicks resume sending?

thanks

upload_2017-4-18_23-42-32.png

as illustrated above for an example, i just increased the amount of campaigns i can send via parallel sending, sent two campaigns from Account 1 and logged into Account 2, to see half the autoresponders have stopped sending and need re-activating.

Please can you clarify the behaviour on this? Driving me up the wall slightly.. especially since some of the auto campaigns that meant to go today just didnt go out, even when the resume sending button was not present.

What is actually concerning me as well now I have investigated it, It seems certain days are being skipped and a few auto sequence emails are not being sent in the right order.

Checking with a seed email inbox, there was a 4 day gap of emails from the last 10 days, and today I got both emails from after-subscribe day 8 and 9..

Could something with the cron be screwed? Or referencing the database?

I do confirm again that I have adequate system resources..

Last edited:
@emailwrks - The fact the campaigns remain stuck in processing mode is a sign that while the app processes them something happens and they don't finish anymore. This something can be related to resources or to some app error or even a faulty smtp server.
Go to backend > misc > app log and empty it, then restart all your campaigns and when they get stuck in processing again, check the app log, you'll get the reason there. That's all your problem. Fix this and everything will work.

Cleared, reactivated a few campaigns.

This seems to be the typical error I'm getting, not 100% sure of the exact issue at hand apart from connections;

2017/04/19 10:14:03 [error] [exception.CDbException] SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections
2017/04/19 10:14:03 [error] [exception.CDbException] SQLSTATE[HY000] [1040] Too many connections
2017/04/19 10:14:03 [error] [exception.CDbException] exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.' in /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php:405
Stack trace:
#0 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php(347): CDbConnection->open()
#1 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php(496): CDbConnection->setActive(true)
#2 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/db/ar/CActiveFinder.php(1371): CDbConnection->createCommand('SELECT `segment...')
#3 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/db/ar/CActiveFinder.php(807): CJoinQuery->createCommand(Object(CMysqlCommandBuilder))
#4 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/db/ar/CActiveFinder.php(509): CJoinElement->runQuery(Object(CJoinQuery))
#5 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/db/ar/CActiveFinder.php(163): CJoinElement->lazyFind(Object(Campaign))
#6 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/db/ar/CActiveRecord.php(281): CActiveFinder->lazyFind(Object(Campaign))
#7 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/components/db/ar/BaseActiveRecord.php(360): CActiveRecord->getRelated('segment', false, Array)
#8 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/db/ar/CActiveRecord.php(143): BaseActiveRecord->getRelated('segment')
#9 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/models/Campaign.php(1410): CActiveRecord->__get('segment')
#10 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/models/Campaign.php(1224): Campaign->findSubscribersByListSegment(40000, 2000, Object(CDbCriteria))
#11 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php(1241): Campaign->findSubscribers(40000, 2000, Object(CDbCriteria))
#12 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php(631): SendCampaignsCommand->findSubscribers(40000, 2000)
#13 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php(576): SendCampaignsCommand->sendCampaignStep3(Array)
#14 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php(520): SendCampaignsCommand->sendCampaignStep2(Array)
#15 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php(389): SendCampaignsCommand->sendCampaignStep1('728', 1)
#16 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php(351): SendCampaignsCommand->sendCampaignStep0(Array)
#17 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php(125): SendCampaignsCommand->process()
#18 [internal function]: SendCampaignsCommand->actionIndex()
#19 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/console/CConsoleCommand.php(172): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(SendCampaignsCommand), Array)
#20 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/console/CConsoleCommandRunner.php(71): CConsoleCommand->run(Array)
#21 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/console/CConsoleApplication.php(92): CConsoleCommandRunner->run(Array)
#22 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/base/CApplication.php(185): CConsoleApplication->processRequest()
#23 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/init.php(227): CApplication->run()
#24 /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/console/console.php(28): require_once('/home/pu...')
#25 {main}

2017/04/19 10:14:03 [error] [exception.CDbException] SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections
2017/04/19 10:14:03 [error] [exception.CDbException] SQLSTATE[HY000] [1040] Too many connections
Well yeah, seems you have to adjust your mysql server to allow more connections than it already does.

I changed the db connection value, it's using 56% at the moment we speak and I'm still getting this error;

(Going to check later and into tomorrow on some auto responders are missing out days from sending, which is weird)

2017/04/20 14:10:04 [error] [exception.CDbException] SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Resource temporarily unavailable
2017/04/20 14:10:04 [error] [exception.CDbException] exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.' in /home/public_html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php:405
Stack trace

What could be causing this error now I do have connection space?

The inno db buffer is undersized, but not sure whether it would affect this

Just to reiterate the inno db size, it's

Inno db buffer pool / data size : 2g/22.2g

Not sure if this is causing any memory/connection error?

But also why is it bloated so badly?

Okay still getting connection errors, and 1 of the autorrsponders has paused itself as it cannot send.

I have enough db connection room. What am I missing here?

Gotcha, then i'm kinda of out of ideas. You can PM me so that i can have a look over the app and also the server.

Back