Hard bounces to Blacklist

Superyo

Hi,

I'm trying to tune backend/index.php/settings/cron "Settings for processing Delivery and Bounce logs" Max. hard bounce setting. I have this setting at 5, so I understand the suscriber is allowed to hard bounce 5 times before it appears in the blacklist.

I've checked our server and with only one hard bounce it appears in the blacklist. Can you review that piece of code?.

Thanks in advance.

@Superyo - I just did and it seems fine, can you try with some high number, like 100 instead of 5. Does that makes any diff?
If not, can you also try disabling the cron job that triggers this and then try again, just to make sure this is the cron causing issues.
P.S: Please also read this.

I'll try with higher values, but I suspect will be the same. In the MySQL bounce table the email only appears once and it's passed to the blacklist.

The cron job to suspend is:

*/3 * * * * /usr/bin/php5 -q /var/vhosts/www/apps/console/console.php process-delivery-and-bounce-log >/dev/null 2>&1

Can you confirm it, please.

Hi,

I'm trying to tune backend/index.php/settings/cron "Settings for processing Delivery and Bounce logs" Max. hard bounce setting. I have this setting at 5, so I understand the suscriber is allowed to hard bounce 5 times before it appears in the blacklist.

I've checked our server and with only one hard bounce it appears in the blacklist. Can you review that piece of code?.

Thanks in advance.

Have you adjusted and brought in-line the other settings on that page?

Try with
Max. fatal errors: 4
Max. hard bounce: 2
and see if it immediately marks a bounce as blacklisted.

Back