Group Daily Quota

Osjtya

MailWizz 2.0 Tester
Hey @twisted1919,

I know you had earlier added Hourly Quota on request under Groups > Sending. Can you please add Daily Quota? It will be a great help to restrict number of emails send in 24hrs.

Looking for your help! Thanks

I dunno, this would add another heavy check against the database which is a potential bottleneck.
I'll add it if this gets enough upvotes, otherwise, we can live without it as we did till now.

I dunno, this would add another heavy check against the database which is a potential bottleneck.
I'll add it if this gets enough upvotes, otherwise, we can live without it as we did till now.
I know it can be another resource consuming job, but its an optional choice (only for people who wish to use & understands the process) like you earlier implemented Hourly Quota. It can be helpful in various ways such as IP Warmup, Adding Limit for ElasticEmail (Free Account / 5K Emails Per day), etc. I know being a support ninja you'll do ;)

@frm.mwz what you say? :)

I know it can be another resource consuming job, but its an optional choice (only for people who wish to use & understands the process) like you earlier implemented Hourly Quota. It can be helpful in various ways such as IP Warmup, Adding Limit for ElasticEmail (Free Account / 5K Emails Per day), etc. I know being a support ninja you'll do ;)

@frm.mwz what you say? :)
The more control and adjustment options, the better, as long as they can be easily switched off system-wide or on a per-campaign-basis. If e.g. 0 would not just mean 'unlimited', but also 'no check' on that variable when that customer (group) uses it, or system wide, then that would be great.
But making the quota work under most/all circumstances , prioritizing sending, incl DS switching, would be even higher on the list IMHO.
In any case, MailWizz rocks :D

The more control and adjustment options, the better, as long as they can be easily switched off system-wide or on a per-campaign-basis. If e.g. 0 would not just mean 'unlimited', but also 'no check' on that variable when that customer (group) uses it, or system wide, then that would be great.
But making the quota work under most/all circumstances , prioritizing sending, incl DS switching, would be even higher on the list IMHO.
In any case, MailWizz rocks :D
Its optional as any other option in MailWizz :)

Its optional as any other option in MailWizz :)
Of course, but what @twisted1919 was getting at, is that the checks due to the option will make mwz slower, that is why it is key to be able to switch those checks off, but not only generally, but ideally per customer (group) or campaign.

Of course, but what @twisted1919 was getting at, is that the checks due to the option will make mwz slower, that is why it is key to be able to switch those checks off, but not only generally, but ideally per customer (group) or campaign.
Hmmm... Makes Sense :) But if we put this option under Groups and make some option to disable or enable with "0" value as currently we're doing for Hourly Quota that way MailWizz should automatically skip checking and will not make efforts.

@Osjtya / @frm.mwz - if you don;t set a daily quota, like when you don;t set a hourly quota, nothing happens. It's like a zero cost abstraction. Things start happening when you enter a value more than 0, so @Osjtya understanding is correct in the last post.

if you don;t set a daily quota, like when you don;t set a hourly quota, nothing happens. It's like a zero cost abstraction. Things start happening when you enter a value more than 0
Thanks for confirming this, I was hoping it would be so, but with the many recent changes, it was better that you did, thanks :)

And further re quotas and sending...making the quota and DS switching work while pcntl is running with many processes as well as prioritized sending...is this somewhere on the map?

Back