global unsubscribes

nadworks

I have been sending campaigns for a while and have always copied the users who opened to a "more engaged" list, which has now been growing to a substantial size. I have never mailed to that list, but am about to start. These addresses were added via the MW "action on opened" as part of the campaign settings.
Question: Will it honour the unsubscribes from the other list? I may have added quite a few who opened the email and clicked only to unsubscribe. They will have been removed from the original list, but will they have also now been unsubscribed from the "more engaged" list? Because that needs to be the case.

@nadworks - in this case they won't be honored, so you have to export all the subscribers unsubscribed and then do a bulk action against your new list (mailwizz has tools for this) so that you unsubscribe them from that list too.

Well, that's not going to work anymore, since my unsubscribes are set to be removed after 30 days (I think that's a MW default).
Can I therefore assume that my "more engaged" list is therefore pretty much useless?

I think in light of the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in the EU, there's grounds to make this process much more userfriendly and intuitive. Accidentally emailing unsubscribed users can have extremely costly consequences and ESPs that help customers to play it as safe as possible are the ones that are going to be the most popular.

Where do I set the unsubscribes to not be removed ever? I urgently need to change that!! Cannot find the option where to do that, sorry.

Can unsubscribes be moved to their own list as a consistent behaviour? That's the only way this system can be salvaged imo. By giving unsubscribes a shelf life of max 365 days, I am never being able to make 100% sure a user has (at some point in the past) unsubscribed. I think this mechanism is not useful at all and I urge you to rethink it, please.

Just an idea, but if we were at least able to select the [UNSUBSCRIBE] link clicked from this list (see image below), we could add those to their own list. It's still not 100% watertight since just clicking on the link would only work for single unsubscribes. But it would be a start.
pOvQUvJ.png

Yep, found it eventually. But 365 days max is no good. Really. There must be an option to keep them forever.
There is, 0 is forever. Version 1.4.3 should allow you to put 0.

Just an idea, but if we were at least able to select the [UNSUBSCRIBE] link clicked from this list (see image below), we could add those to their own list. It's still not 100% watertight since just clicking on the link would only work for single unsubscribes. But it would be a start.
I can try to do this, but i can't promise i can make it work because it's pretty hard to do it under those circumstances.
I'll get back to you these days with an answer.

Back