Giving Licence Number to Gig worker on fiverr

kiaa

I just purchased a mailwizz licence and am about to give it to a gig worker on fiverr who will set up smtp / mailwizz / VPS / landingpage / email
Can I ask - is giving him the licence number something that can lead to problems. I have had a similar setup done before whereby they included their own version of mailwizz which was not the latest version and was something I had no control over. Now that I am having it done again but actually own a licence, by giving him the licence number, can he potentially use it with other customers or use it for himself and give me an older version. How can I make sure he has actually USED MY LICENCE ?

I just purchased a mailwizz licence and am about to give it to a gig worker on fiverr who will set up smtp / mailwizz / VPS / landingpage / email
Can I ask - is giving him the licence number something that can lead to problems. I have had a similar setup done before whereby they included their own version of mailwizz which was not the latest version and was something I had no control over. Now that I am having it done again but actually own a licence, by giving him the licence number, can he potentially use it with other customers or use it for himself and give me an older version. How can I make sure he has actually USED MY LICENCE ?
You can see or update your license key in Backend > Settings > License.

@kiaa - indeed, it does not. Let me try to answer you, the license is yours to keep safe, however, I understand that sometimes it has to be shared with others in order to complete the install/setup task. You can do this, but there's no guarantee they will not reuse that license key, it's really up to them being professionals, so I guess you need to do due diligence and have faith here.

thanks

So that's interesting, because firstly, what you are saying is that it CAN be used by multiple parties.

Which leads me to the question(s):

1a - are there any potential problems between me and mailwizz if this indeed happens.

1b - are there any other negatives AT ALL if this happens

2 - Another question - hypothetical. Let me ask you. What happens if I give the job to guy on fiverr and he sets things up on mailwizz WITHOUT me giving him my licence number ie he uses his own licence somehow - could I then without him knowing, then reload mailwizz using my own licence number with a minimum of ease, or would it require that it be done again completely across my domain DNS / MTP / VPS - which I am obviously not capable of.

1a - are there any potential problems between me and mailwizz if this indeed happens.

1b - are there any other negatives AT ALL if this happens
If somebody uses your license, and you then need to install MailWizz again, for whatever reason, you won't be able to. Then there's some regular checks that run periodically on your app to make sure your license is valid and if it's not, it'll close your app,so in case they'll be using your license without your consent, you'll know.

then reload mailwizz using my own licence number with a minimum of ease,
Yes, all you need to do is to login in backend area, go to Backend > Settings > License Info, and add your license, that's all.

Back