Geo Open Link

Ricardo

I wonder what geo opens means under campaigns. I got maxmind database and google javascript API setup correctly. I wish I could check all campagins combined on this Geo Open link, It just redirects to campagins page. What should it show? Thanks!

Hey there, @twisted1919

After updating to 1.8.3 I'm seeing the "white screen of death" too when I click on this "Geo Opens" link under Campaigns menu --- it just shows a blank central area where it was supposed to show the aggregated geo statistics graph for all sent campaigns, like before (if I remember correctly, because it's a link I don't go too often).

Mind you that I currently have no problem seeing the individual Geo Opens reports for any given campaign previously sent, all my Maxmind configuration is setup, so I don't know if this blank page is a bug that came after I installed 1.8.3 yesterday, since it previously worked on my Mailwizz installation in earlier versions (can't pinpoint the exact version when it worked).

I went to investigate MW logs and server logs for what seems to be the problem and found nothing conclusive at this point, but what I can tell you is the following:

1) After enabling MW_FORCE_DEBUG_MODE I get a 500 error when I access the customer/campagins/geo-opens/index link (this does not happen on other pages with debug mode on).

2) MW system logs shows this after clicking Geo Opens link:

PHP:
2019/08/07 22:19:56 [error] [php] [85.243.61.XXX] Trying to get property 'option' of non-object (/var/www/html/emkt/apps/customer/components/web/widgets/campaign-tracking/CampaignGeoOpensWidget.php:53)
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/framework/web/CBaseController.php(126): require()
#1 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/components/web/BaseController.php(250): Campaigns_geo_opensController->renderInternal()
#2 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/framework/web/CBaseController.php(95): Campaigns_geo_opensController->renderInternal()
#3 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(872): Campaigns_geo_opensController->renderFile()
#4 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(785): Campaigns_geo_opensController->renderPartial()
#5 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/customer/controllers/Campaigns_geo_opensController.php(50): Campaigns_geo_opensController->render()
#6 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/framework/web/actions/CInlineAction.php(49): Campaigns_geo_opensController->actionIndex()
#7 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(308): CInlineAction->runWithParams()
#8 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(286): Campaigns_geo_opensController->runAction()
#9 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(265): Campaigns_geo_opensController->runActionWithFilters()
#10 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(282): Campaigns_geo_opensController->run()
#11 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController()
#12 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/framework/base/CApplication.php(185): CWebApplication->processRequest()
#13 /var/www/html/emkt/apps/init.php(240): CWebApplication->run()
#14 /var/www/html/emkt/customer/index.php(18): require_once()
REQUEST_URI=/customer/campaigns/geo-opens/index
in /var/www/html/emkt/apps/customer/components/web/widgets/campaign-tracking/CampaignGeoOpensWidget.php (53)
in /var/www/html/emkt/apps/customer/views/campaigns_geo_opens/index.php (32)
in /var/www/html/emkt/apps/common/components/web/BaseController.php (250)
3) My system has Nginx and PHP 7.2 installed and 512M allocated for PHP.

Can you recommend anything I should try to debug the problem any further?
And as always, thank you for your time.

@buzzin - we know about the issue :-s
The fix is rather simple, please take a look at:
Screenshot 2019-08-09 09.53.57.png
Do you think you can apply these 2 changes yourself?

You have to:
PHP:
// replace:
if ($this->campaign->option->open_tracking != CampaignOption::TEXT_YES) {

// with:
if ($this->campaign && $this->campaign->option->open_tracking != CampaignOption::TEXT_YES) {

and

PHP:
// replace:
if ($this->campaign->option->opens_count >= 0) {

// with:
if ($this->campaign && $this->campaign->option->opens_count >= 0) {

But do let me know otherwise and we will find a way.

It's fixed, thank you so much for your fast reply. The debug I went through to know if it was my (server) problem was driving me nuts! o_O

Looking forward to see what you're cooking on the menu for MW 2.0 and finally giving MW that nudge it now needs to stand right up there with the top tier of best self-hosted emkt apps ;)

Cheers.

Back