Force delete of cache or something?

Lakjin

I use the XML tags to load links from an RSS feed. Often, MailWizz loads the RSS feed from the prior day -- not the current, most up-to-date one. What is going on? Is there some cache that needs to be cleared or something before each mail send?

Here's an example. I had a campaign that was just sent; it was scheduled to be automatically sent in advance. It loaded the RSS feed from the prior day. I copied that exact campaign and sent a new version. It loaded the correct version of the RSS feed.

Of course there's a cache in place, otherwise we would have to always fetch the rss feed content, which takes time, so for large lists would mean you deliver your campaigns in weeks instead of hours.
The cache key contains the campaign id, which means it automatically invalidates the cache when you create a new campaign.
I use the XML tags to load links from an RSS feed. Often, MailWizz loads the RSS feed from the prior day -- not the current, most up-to-date one. What is going on? Is there some cache that needs to be cleared or something before each mail send?
This is quite interesting, because when you do tests, we don't cache. We only cache when the campaign goes out for the first time. So it's something you are doing to that campaign that causes this, maybe stop after initial send and schedule it for later, or pause, or things like that?

Of course there's a cache in place, otherwise we would have to always fetch the rss feed content, which takes time, so for large lists would mean you deliver your campaigns in weeks instead of hours.
The cache key contains the campaign id, which means it automatically invalidates the cache when you create a new campaign.

This is quite interesting, because when you do tests, we don't cache. We only cache when the campaign goes out for the first time. So it's something you are doing to that campaign that causes this, maybe stop after initial send and schedule it for later, or pause, or things like that?
Is there just anyway to explicitly clear the cache once before the campaign actually starts sending?

Sure it is, there is a command line command for that:
Code:
php apps/console/console.php clear-cache

Sure it is, there is a command line command for that:
Code:
php apps/console/console.php clear-cache
Is it possible to clear the cache specific to each campaign (i.e., right before the campaign begins)? Don't want to clear whole cache, as that would mess with emails already being sent out.

Back