For MailWizz 2.3.9 Which PHP version is best and should I set Webserver to Nginx & Varnish & Apache?

MrMailWizz

Hi,
Just in the process of preparing to set up MailWizz .
I have downloaded version 2.3.9

I have a VPS on ovh.com running Centos7

I am about to install CWP control panel.
Which is best php version to select for MW 2.3.9?
Are any specific php options recommended eg mcrypt or shmop?
Should I install PHP-FPM ?

And should I select "Nginx & Varnish & Apache" as the webserver as
suggested by CWP as it's a bit more efficient than Apache?

Is standard CPW enough or is CWP Pro strongly recommended?
On the Pro edition, the "Monitoring via Monit" and "Mod Security" maybe useful but may
add quite an overhead - any thoughts?

Thanks

Which is best php version to select for MW 2.3.9?
MailWizz has been tested up-to PHP 8.2, so as close as possible to this version.

Are any specific php options recommended eg mcrypt or shmop?
Nothing special.

Should I install PHP-FPM ?
Yes, for sure.

And should I select "Nginx & Varnish & Apache" as the webserver as
suggested by CWP as it's a bit more efficient than Apache?
I don't know CWP, but Nginx as the web server and PHP-FPM is what you need.
I would avoid Varnish as there's nothing it can do to help MailWizz.

"Mod Security"
This will have to be disabled for MailWizz as you are posting HTML (email templates content) and ModeSec doesn't like that.
So I don't think you need the Pro.

MailWizz has been tested up-to PHP 8.2, so as close as possible to this version.

Nothing special.

Yes, for sure.

I don't know CWP, but Nginx as the web server and PHP-FPM is what you need.
I would avoid Varnish as there's nothing it can do to help MailWizz.

This will have to be disabled for MailWizz as you are posting HTML (email templates content) and ModeSec doesn't like that.
So I don't think you need the Pro.
Thanks for your rapid response

Last edited:
Depends on your experience, I for one would use no control panel, but sometimes it is easier to use one. Use something you're comfortable with.

Depends on your experience, I for one would use no control panel, but sometimes it is easier to use one. Use something you're comfortable with.
Actually I would prefer to set up MailWizz without a Control Panel, mainly because CWP wants you to upgrade to allow you to do things like add PHP-FPM.

However, the MaiWizz installation video assumes that you have a Control Panel installed on a shared webhost.

Are there any instructions that shows what needs to be done on a new Centos7 install on a vps ?
Thanks

However, the MaiWizz installation video assumes that you have a Control Panel installed on a shared webhost.
That's just an example, just abstract away the steps.
MailWizz needs an environment where it has access to a web server, php and mysql. As long as you provide that, it will work anywhere.

Back