Failed to save the email

Simons

Hello,

I'm importing some lists and MW is considering not valid emails like name_name_@hotmail..com. I think the problem is _ at the beginning or end of the name of the email.

Unfortunately it's a false positive since those emails are ok. I suspect that somewhere in MW there's a way to avoid this "issue" with "_" or other special chars.

Where can I disable it?

Thanks
Simon

@Simons - You are right, we don't allow this because then swiftmailer complaints about the email formatting and does not you send any email blocking the entire system.
At apps/common/components/validators/CEmailValidator.php Line 254 you will find what we never allow at the start/end of an email together with the line 243 from same file.

@Simons - You are right, we don't allow this because then swiftmailer complaints about the email formatting and does not you send any email blocking the entire system.
At apps/common/components/validators/CEmailValidator.php Line 254 you will find what we never allow at the start/end of an email together with the line 243 from same file.
If you @twisted1919 get in touch with the swiftmailer folks then they will fix it faster ;)
Also, another !very! good reason to never abandon PHPmailer and rather find another alternative for SwiftMailer... (as it also hangs a bit while sending) o_O

Back